Pass Linux+ LX0-103/104

FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
Thursday passed Lx0-103 with 770. Today passed Lx0-104 with 740. Beast mode.

Materials used: Logical Operations Student Edition, Youtube videos, lots of broken VM's.

I broke lots of vm's while studying this. Snapshots are great. I pulled my hair out using vi. I tried to use every switch I could with every command throughout the book. I mounted over really important directories a few times (oops). I struggled until I got it right. This made the exams easy and I learned more with this than I have with almost any other exam. I highly recommend this certification, not for the exam but for the learning process.

Also, I finished my Bachelors!!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • haneyBhaneyB Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on both!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Congrats !!!! Awesome
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you write some detail what you meet on exam was simulators?. And why you choose LX0-103 and not 101-400 for example from LPI?
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lovejoi wrote: »
    Can you write some detail what you meet on exam was simulators?. And why you choose LX0-103 and not 101-400 for example from LPI?

There are no "simulations" in the exam like you might find on Security+. However, there are Fill-In-The-Blank questions where you must answer with a specific command or file path. I had at least 12 of these questions per test.

I chose CompTIA's exam because it entitles you to 3 different certifications: Linux+, LPIC-1, and SCLA (SUSE Certified Linux Administrator)
  • lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FillAwful wrote: »
    There are no "simulations" in the exam like you might find on Security+. However, there are Fill-In-The-Blank questions where you must answer with a specific command or file path. I had at least 12 of these questions per test.

I chose CompTIA's exam because it entitles you to 3 different certifications: Linux+, LPIC-1, and SCLA (SUSE Certified Linux Administrator)

And if you know questions is difference betwee LPI and Linux +
    Did you check via **** your quality before real exam?