Concerns after sitting the exam with Exin Anywhere

MattcnzMattcnz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just sat my ITIL exam through Exin Anywhere and passed with 37/40 (93%)... but unfortunately I had an unexpected guest knocking on my door during the exam! I ignored it at first. but they persisted ...I had to shout out "Just a minute" and am now concerned that this incident will rob me of both my exam result and $280!

Has anyone had similar experiences with exin anywhere exams? If so were you disqualified or did they let it slide?

Comments

• Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    I am sure that you will be fine. If you had got up and left the room, or whatever, that wold be different. I have found Exin to be very reasonable, so I am sure they will take it at face value. Congratulations on a great score, despite the interruption!
  • Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you have to be on webcam? Do they capture your desktop while you take it?
  • MattcnzMattcnz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sure that you will be fine. If you had got up and left the room, or whatever, that wold be different. I have found Exin to be very reasonable, so I am sure they will take it at face value. Congratulations on a great score, despite the interruption!

Thanks, I hope you're right. That makes me feel a little bit better about it.
    Kai123 wrote: »

Yes & Yes. They then review the footage after the exam and get back to you within 10 working days with your final result.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Kai123 wrote: »

You have to install some desktop application that allows them to monitor your digital workspace during the test to ensure you aren't pulling up browsers and such. This made me a little paranoid at first. I was worried that some of my private documents would be vulnerable but I had eyes on my proctor as well and could tell that he was multitasking with other unrelated things.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • MattcnzMattcnz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tprice5 wrote: »
    You have to install some desktop application that allows them to monitor your digital workspace during the test to ensure you aren't pulling up browsers and such. This made me a little paranoid at first. I was worried that some of my private documents would be vulnerable but I had eyes on my proctor as well and could tell that he was multitasking with other unrelated things.

Wow? You could see your proctor?! I couldn't see anyone. I assumed no one was really watching, just that the footage would be reviewed at a later time.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I believe so. There are several different remote proctor providers so it is possible that we used different companies. I used ThoughtRock for my ITIL and I am not sure which company actually proctored it. I've also participated in CompTIAs remote proctor pilot. I plan to use Exin Anywhere for ISO/IEC 20000 soon.

When I did CompTIA I couldn't see my proctor but she could speak to me and she instructed me to clear off a few areas of my desk and other stuff then gave me the go ahead to start. Definitely no guessing of whether or not I satisfied the requirements.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • elephantollieelephantollie Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys-

I know this thread is from some time ago, but wondered if any of you could weigh in on a similar issue.

Just sat the ITIL exam via Exin Anywhere (recorded session, no live proctor). Got quite flustered before the exam (number of reasons: connection issues, rearranging the room, etc..). Once I finished the exam (passed) and closed the exam window, I saw I had a Firefox window open behind it (with BBC news open)!

Do you think this will be an issue?
    Note: I did NOT use the browser at any point during the exam, or navigate to it, nor was it visible directly. But I think a browser window was just open behind the Exam window.

Thanks!
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi elephantollie

According to the EXIN anywhere t&cs it looks like you have breached the exam guidance, however the exam session is reviewed afterwards and results are issued at EXIN's discretion, so if you didn't use the browser you might be ok. Try contacting EXIN's helpdesk and see if they can give you any more detail - I'm sure it's happened before.

Good luck!

Claire
  • elephantollieelephantollie Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!.. fingers crossed.