Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA)

eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Someone have WCNA? is this certificate good? how look exam? can be taken online?

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Never heard of it. I suppose it's probably not a bad one to have on the resume if the training material is any good and you're going to be using wireshark on a regular basis.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i dont know that any HR guys are looking for the actual cert, but I have seen TONS of job ads looking for Wireshark experience. And from my own non-scientific research, everyone says they know how to use Wireshark, when lots of people do not know how to use it.

So having the actual cert, would be a way to help "prove" you know Wireshark
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • eth0eth0 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i dont know that any HR guys are looking for the actual cert, but I have seen TONS of job ads looking for Wireshark experience. And from my own non-scientific research, everyone says they know how to use Wireshark, when lots of people do not know how to use it.

So having the actual cert, would be a way to help "prove" you know Wireshark

+1

do you have some materials maybe?
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eth0:
    You can buy the Official Study and Exam guides, download the files and work with the app.

Register for the exam here:: https://www.webassessor.com/wa.do?page=publicHome&branding=PAI
    The exam is at a test center.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    While I haven't finished the book myself, I must say the book is REALLY good. Reading through, and download the trace file examples. Excellent way to drill those TCP/IP protocol skills.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• bassmen999bassmen999 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wouldnt hurt to get this cert!