Passed Redhat Certified Systems Administrator in Redhat Openstack - CL210

2»

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Packstack is still a supported method in OSP v5, so it's a perfectly viable method for doing an OSP install.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Packstack is still a supported method in OSP v5, so it's a perfectly viable method for doing an OSP install.

Thank you for that .... I couldn't face trying to remember how manually install each component.
    When Packstack is removed, it will be replaced with Foreman, so don't worry about remembering all the steps in the future. :)
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    When Packstack is removed, it will be replaced with Foreman, so don't worry about remembering all the steps in the future. :)

Official course outline does specify both packstack and foreman http://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/cl210-red-hat-openstack-administration
    I'm talking about the product which the exam is based on. FYI, it's a breach of NDA to talk about what's in Red Hat course materials. But to the point, Packstack is on its way out and it will be replaced with Foreman. That's a product enhancement, not intended for direction exam-wise. I've taken the v4 exam and v5 class and exam, so I'm as aware of what's on the exam and in the course material as you are. :)
    Never used foreman - how do you think it compares to packstack?
    Well Foreman is a different thing, altogether, it's worth looking up and reading about. As far as deploying OSP with it, it's definitely not there, yet.
  • saltcakesaltcake Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the great score.
    I was curious to get first hand information about the value the course added in your possible ensuing job search.
    Any comments and the increase percentage you got would be good information!!
    Thanks
  • pippolopippolo Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can someone confirm that exam is based on openstack v5 -> icehouse, and not v4?
  • zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    guys i gotta tell u one ting about this inst as i was sit there for a course.
    the guy next to me pooptitu!!! he litaraly pooptit on the chair! letar on i spoke to it and he said high stress and family problims couse poop to come out without warning. icon_sad.gif otherwise he is certificated.
    in india there is many inst but this one can be hi stress causing loose poop.
  • dtdellboydtdellboy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    haha windup i am sure though I can relate to that feeling when i got stuck during the exam icon_lol.gif. I passed by the skin of my teeth. Joking aside, i have deployed OS on ubuntu MAAS/Juju as well as with packstack in few of my current projects. MaaS/Juju is better IMHO than forman when it come to provisioning bare metal and orchestration.

darkerosxx , have you any idea the value of this cert in the job market ?
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    All you need is a box of dozen donuts.(glazed), 4 pk of Monster, pack of malbor red & couple pairs of comfy jammies...u will pass this test easily..
  • ShankarcsShankarcs Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am also planning to learn redhat cloud openstack , If you know which institute is best for learning and certification in Bangalore ?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • lantuinlantuin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've passed my ex210 exam. 300/300 :)
  • mattia702001mattia702001 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I am RHCE certified and I want to get this certification.

Could you share documentation for this exam?

Which version of Openstack is used in exam?

Regards,

Mattia
    lantuin wrote: »
    I've passed my ex210 exam. 300/300 :)
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Zombie thread, back from the dead, aim for the head!
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Zombie thread, back from the dead, aim for the head!

lol - I like it
  • indigomx9indigomx9 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's awesome, great job! icon_cool.gif
  • cj308cj308 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Lantuin!

I'm thinking to give EX210, just need some guidance from you. do we have to configure swift storage in exam?
    cj308 wrote: »
    Hi Lantuin!

I'm thinking to give EX210, just need some guidance from you. do we have to configure swift storage in exam?

He couldn't tell you even if we wanted as it breaches the NDA. However if it on the requirements then assume it WILL be on the exam.
    Can someone share red hat openstack cl210 student guide?

Regards,

Mattia
    Certification obtained!!!

Regards,

Mattia

Can someone share red hat openstack cl210 student guide?

Regards,

Mattia
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ingsadazaingsadaza Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Have you updated your Red Hat Certified System Administrator in OpenStack