Passed MCSE Messaging!

joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
3 months after passing 70-341, I have passed 70-342 and completed my MCSE.

Personally, I found the 2 exchange exams easier than the 3 windows server exams. It just seemed to make more sense to me, and I think the fact it is more focused than the windows server ones, the windows server ones were much more broad than the exchange ones. I also think it is because the exchange content seems more relevant, stuff like VPN in the windows server exams seemed a bit pointless; it is most likely something that not many people would use with stuff like checkpoint, cisco etc available. And even if you did go with this, it would most likely be the network guys that would deal with it.

Now I need to figure out where to go next. May aim for another MCSE at some point, I think communication would be the best one to go for and would make more sense to follow on from Exchange. I am going to take a well earned break for a while though before I move onto something else!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • RINTI1012RINTI1012 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what materials dd you use?
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    RINTI1012 wrote: »
    what materials dd you use?

First I watched the CBT nuggets videos and found them really disappointing compared to the other sets of their videos I have watched before.

I would probably say I found TechNet the most useful for this exam, as well as labbing it out in a virtual environment.

Most of the topics, I found were just an expansion on what I learnt for the first exam and just went into them in more depth.

Stuff like Unified messaging was pretty hard to simulate, I found reading all of the TechNet information on it and clicking through all the different options in a lab was enough to get through the exam.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.