A+ Certified!

KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
This actually happened last week but am just getting around to posting now. I wouldn't have gotten this cert normally but I got approved for a WIA grant with New Horizons that gave me $21K of training and testing for this and 5 other certs (N+, S+, MCTS-W7, MCSA, CCNA).
I took the tests about a week apart and it was honestly really easy with 15+ years of IT experience. I used the New Horizons class (9 days at 4 hours a day) and the Transcender tests to study for it. The Transcender questions were much harder than the actual tests so if you can pass those, you can probably pass the actual tests.
Taking Network+ in about 12 hours so hopefully will be making another success post in a different forum soon!

Kyrak
Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator

Comments

• gbin413gbin413 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck!
  • virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With 15yrs of experience you should be able to breeze through the exams you listed as they are truly entry level so just brush up on some the lingo and I'm 100% sure you will ace them all. Good stuff, keep pushing, best of luck!
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow I am in the WIA and only was approved for 12K. Taking part 2 of A+ next week, Congrats to you !
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tmtex wrote: »
    Wow I am in the WIA and only was approved for 12K. Taking part 2 of A+ next week, Congrats to you !
    WIA paid $10K for the grant but New Horizons wrote off the other $11K of the training so I didn't pay anything out of pocket. And Thanks all! My N+ exam got rescheduled until tomorrow but I expect it to be no problem.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats - well done!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+