Signed up for eJPT

spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I finally broke down and signed up for eJPT. Did anyone else have to submit proof to Caendra and if so, how long did it take? I was all excited to start watching videos and downloading the pdfs to my phone but got that notification to send them a pic of my card. wah wah wahhhhhhh. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!

Comments

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't have to submit anything, but I can tell you that the course is definitely worth it. The labs are put together nicely and the videos are excellent.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Man. I hope they validate my payment soon. I'm chomping at the bit!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's odd that you have to validate your payment. I do have an issue with the credit union that I'm with when I sign up for the ELS courses since they're out of the US. Pain in the butt because I can't use my card after paying but I'm grateful.

The eJPT is really fun.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Don't use your card. use PayPal. They are an Italian company and you will very likely trigger an alert with your bank/cc company and get your card temporarily shut off. Happened to me every time I've made a payment to them. Going forward I'll use PayPal and avoid that.

Good luck on the course. I'm finishing up the Network section of the Preliminary Skills section. I've got the free barebones edition.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Don't use your card. use PayPal. They are an Italian company and you will very likely trigger an alert with your bank/cc company and get your card temporarily shut off. Happened to me every time I've made a payment to them. Going forward I'll use PayPal and avoid that.

I wonder if this has changed since they opened up a US office? They showed as a CA company on my CC statement.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    If it's showing up as a CA company then yes they probably are processing payments through their new US office. When I did it last year it came from Pisa, Italy I think it was. BoA flagged and shut off my card every time.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    ah, yes. It was processed through a CA address. I guess it's a new thing they're doing. There was an annotation on the page to submit a pic of my ID and CC that they are doing it to cut down on fraudulent submissions or something. All is well now. I got the welcome emails yesterday evening though I didn't check until late so I wasn't able to poke around. I'm going to do that now Hopefully our firewall here at work let's it through or I'll have to wait until later this evening. I'm excited to start! :D:D:D
    Awesome :) You are going to love it!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    welcome to the eJPT club!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

Thanks UnixGuy. I've been poring over the prerequisites material the last couple of days and so far I think I made the right choice. I was originally going to work through CEH since it's going to be a cert required for my job soon, but perusing some of the material for eJPT I realized that there's a lot of overlap. The bonus here being the hands-on lab work. I have a feeling the CEH will be easier to pass after I work through this. That's assuming I don't get sucked in to eCPPT after I'm done here! icon_lol.gif
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Thanks UnixGuy. I've been poring over the prerequisites material the last couple of days and so far I think I made the right choice. I was originally going to work through CEH since it's going to be a cert required for my job soon, but perusing some of the material for eJPT I realized that there's a lot of overlap. The bonus here being the hands-on lab work. I have a feeling the CEH will be easier to pass after I work through this. That's assuming I don't get sucked in to eCPPT after I'm done here! icon_lol.gif

Trust me, after eJPT you will be sucked in to eCPPT ;)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    yes eJPT wins! You will not understand the concepts properly because you get to do them in a lab, and be tested on them practically rather than just reading up about tools (CEH)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE