Options

Starting to study for Net+. Which book should I choose?

Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
Fresh off the back of passing the A+, i'm going to start towards my Net+.
For A+, I used the Mike Meyers book, Exam Cram and Professor Messers videos.

For Net+, I will definitely be using an Exam Cram book and Professor Messers videos, but I didn't particularly like the Mike Meyers book for A+.

The two options I have at the moment for the main resource to learn from would be 'Mike Meyers Net+ sixth edition' or the 'Todd Lammle, Sybex 3rd Edition book' (http://tinyurl.com/zuu3p3g).

I guess what I'd like to know is if anybody has any experience with the Sybex book and whether they would recommend it over the Mike Meyers book?

Server and Storage Analyst
CompTIA A+
MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712

Comments

• Options
    Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have both Mike Meyers' A+ and Net+ books. I got about halfway through his A+ book and quit because I found it incredibly tedious (too basic). The Net+ book started off the same way for the first couple of chapters but actually got pretty good after that. I finished it up last week and I think he did a good job covering the exam objectives. I've read a few chapters in Lammle's Net+ book as well and it also seems like a good resource. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
  • Options
    Russ5813 wrote: »
    I have both Mike Meyers' A+ and Net+ books. I got about halfway through his A+ book and quit because I found it incredibly tedious (too basic). The Net+ book started off the same way for the first couple of chapters but actually got pretty good after that. I finished it up last week and I think he did a good job covering the exam objectives. I've read a few chapters in Lammle's Net+ book as well and it also seems like a good resource. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Thanks for clearing this up. I think I will go with the Lammle's Net+ book, because as you said, the Mike Meyer's A+ book is very tedious.
    I'll let this thread play out as I'd love to hear a few more opinions.

CompTIA A+
  • Options
    Would anybody else care to weigh in before I purchase the Sybex book?
    I'd like to hear your opinions about the two books if possible.

Thanks.

CompTIA A+