Options

recert exam VS virtual academy?

joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have recently passed my MCSE messaging and just looking out of interest at the recertification requirement.

I see you can either take an exam or recertify through virtual academy.

Just wondering if anyone can actually think of a reason why you would take the exam instead of taking the virtual academy course?
Exam: you have to pay, if you fail you have to pay to resit, more pressure.
Virtual academy: free, can take the assessments as many times as you need, less pressure as you can do it in your own time/whenever you like.

Seems to me like a no brainer to use virtual academy to recertify

Comments

• Options
    ukiltmybruthaukiltmybrutha Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    joeswfc wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have recently passed my MCSE messaging and just looking out of interest at the recertification requirement.

I see you can either take an exam or recertify through virtual academy.

Just wondering if anyone can actually think of a reason why you would take the exam instead of taking the virtual academy course?
    Exam: you have to pay, if you fail you have to pay to resit, more pressure.
    Virtual academy: free, can take the assessments as many times as you need, less pressure as you can do it in your own time/whenever you like.

Seems to me like a no brainer to use virtual academy to recertify

Where do you see that as being an option? I have a MCSE Server Infrastructure and all I see is the option to take the 70-980 exam for which there is seemingly very little information on?

Please advise ASAP. I'll even waive the test fees and the cost of the study materials to do this!
  • Options
    So I took a quick look and it seems that some MCSE types can recertify by going to the Virtual Academy. I wonder why it is permitted for some types of MCSE and not others. Seems to me I'd be better off with another type of MCSE than the one that I have if that is the case.

I interview regularly and all they care about is whether or not you have your MCSE or not, not what type.

Hmmm...
  • Options
    So I took a quick look and it seems that some MCSE types can recertify by going to the Virtual Academy. I wonder why it is permitted for some types of MCSE and not others. Seems to me I'd be better off with another type of MCSE than the one that I have if that is the case.

I interview regularly and all they care about is whether or not you have your MCSE or not, not what type.

Hmmm...

Yeah that's it I can't work out why it only applies to certain certifications and not others. Seems a bit unfair that you can't do it with the one you have.
  • Options
    Hey....I'd just take advantage of it if I were you!
  • Options
    Hey....I'd just take advantage of it if I were you!

Just hoping it is still an option in 3 years time when I come to recertify! :)
  • Options
    joeswfc wrote: »
    Just hoping it is still an option in 3 years time when I come to recertify! :)

I hope so for at least next time! :)