Need help!!

jesree0974jesree0974 Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
First time poster here. I have taken the N10-006 2 times already with scores of 614 and 692. I have an extremely great job that is waiting for me to get this. I've used up my two vouchers and now it will be $250 bucks with the discount I have. I only have one more shot at this until I lose a huge opportunity for me. If anyone can help me on my path, I can't even tell you how much I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jesse

Comments

• jesree0974jesree0974 Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've watched Professor Messer's videos religiously, but that's about all I did. I will try the other resources you talked about. Great advice too, I really appreciate it!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You cant pass an exam just by watching videos. You need to add books, practice tests, wiki research on definitions you don't understand, reading articles etc. You need to read on the exam requirements and read up on the topics you scored bad.
  • johnnyqt25johnnyqt25 Banned Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jesree0974 wrote: »
    I've watched Professor Messer's videos religiously, but that's about all I did. I will try the other resources you talked about. Great advice too, I really appreciate it!

All you did is watch videos? No wonder you failed twice. I suggest you get a network+ book and read it cover to cover. Many good network+ books out there. Network+ book by Mike Meyers is good.
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You definitely need to do more than watch Professor Messer. I take N+ in two weeks so it's crunch time for me. Go to examcompass.com and take all 22 practice test.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
    Sorry guys been really busy. I got Mike Meyers all in one N10-006 book. Seeing as I was so close in score (694/720) I should be able to pass it within the next week or two. Thanks for all the advice and I will be back, hopefully with good news!
    Oh and by the way, the reason I took the first two exam tries so lightly and only used the videos is that I've been through the Networking track in my bachelors program. It had been a while though, so I guess I was more rusty than I thought.
  • Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes I will echo what others have said. You need multiple resources. My primary resource was Mike Meyers supplemented with a little Professor Messer and Exam Cram. The hard part about the Netplus is the amount of material you need to know. There's so many topics you need to know. In my opinion, if you don't know all the topics you probably won't pass unfortunately. I know, it's a crazy amount of material to learn but in the end you come out having gained alot of useful knowledge. Good luck!
    Passed today with a 725! So happy! Thanks to everyone for the support, and to everyone still fighting, DO NOT GIVE UP