CISA Question Book 2016 vs. Older versions

asid12345678asid12345678 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I have searched the topics posted before but I would really like the experienced ones among us to give a very honest opinion about this. Are the question books offered by CISA COMPLETELY different every year ?

I am a student under heavy financial burden heading into my 4th year, studying at a very good university and have been to find someone who is providing me the 2015 review manual and question bank for a relatively much cheaper price.

So what do you think? With very hard work and the 2015 question bank, can I pass the exam ? Or do I need to sell something so I can buy the 2016 one ? :)

I do not want to risk my chances but at the same time, if the question books are just for practise to give us the pattern of the final CISA exam, then I don't think I need to buy one. Please help me out :)

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You're good to go, get 2015. I want to think (don't trust this, though), that they're updating the exam for future years, but 2016 should be relatively unchanged. The overall terms/topics don't change much year over year barring any major refreshes like the rumors I heard somewhere some time back. Just wish I could remember those details....
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Only a cover change.. 2015 material still valid. Good luck
  • asid12345678asid12345678 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'll go ahead and get the 2015 question bank then. I have also been able to find 2013-2014 so I have an ample number of questions to practise. I'm going to have 3 months to prepare for the exam and I'm going to spend the first month absorbing as much course material as I can and then for the next 2 months, work on the question banks non stop.
    I have also been able to find 2013-2014 so I have an ample number of questions.

:) ill just assume "find" on Isaca's website.
  • asid12345678asid12345678 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Borrowing it from someone who has already given the exam.
    Borrowing it from someone who has already given the exam.

ok cool. good luck.