Finally got A+ passed

c0san1jc0san1j Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all and my name is Joel, bough voucher about almost about a year ago, I didn't feel like I was confident enough to pass the test so I got distracted start playing games and forgot all about it then I realize the reason I felt that way because everybody around me was putting me down telling me you couldn't succeed you couldn't do Nothin with your life so I knew my computer stuff and knew my network stuff I fix computer repair computer and build computer and I learned it throughout so many years of experience hand on study but never took my a+ certification since my voucher was about to expire in one day left I decided to what the heck if I fail then I fail, what I didn't know is that I pass on 801 Hardware and did pretty good so I had about 1 month left to finish 802 or I have to start over because new 900 series. So I started to panic and study software with just certmaster even though I knew software a lot. I took the test in 2 week reviews what I know and don't know and pass the 802 too. So I become A+ certified on May 9 2016 I'm looking for advancement what do you guys think I should study next? Cause getting paid 9 dollar per hours on support center really blow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First, congrats!
    Cause getting paid 9 dollar per hours on support center really blow.
    Yes, it does but do not forget to learn as much as you can in the position or in any others. The knowledge is priceless.
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Depending on what you want to advance to, you can take the Net+ and then the Sec+ after that you can branch out to specific certs that interest you.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • c0san1jc0san1j Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My first post was done under my phone, Sorry. I Didn't have a goal in mind beside work in IT Department, but I getting drawled in to Security. I read a few thing about CISSP but from what I have read require at least 5 years experience in 2 domain out 8. I have only A+ and I don't think that is enough to get in there so, i'm soon going to be enrolling to WGU. I need to do my homework first on WGU as I seen lots of thread post people talk good about it. My past experience with ITT was horrible 50k for 1 year out 2 year for networking so I never finish it.. I didn't want to be debt for rest of my life with no chance of getting a job. I need some guidance how can I get there CISSP Which cert should i got next? I got MTA Test coming this Monday is Windows Operating System Fundamentals 98-349 that I study for which was easy but let see what exam will be like. What do you think I should go next after my MTA? to get into 2 domain out 8 I dunno. Help would be greatly appreciate it.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! and confidence in your self is important!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @=c0san1j

Congrats on becoming A+ certified Joel! Your A+ should definitely bump you up pass $9.00 easily. The answer to what you should study next really depends on what you are passionate about in I.T. There are a ton of I.T certs, but you have to choose the path that interests you the most and then persue them.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • c0san1jc0san1j Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in Network and Security
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A+ should more then double 9 an hr. Leave that job NOW
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • THE1TariantTHE1Tariant Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro well done
  • TrustyJTrustyJ Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    c0san1j wrote: »
    My first post was done under my phone, Sorry. I Didn't have a goal in mind beside work in IT Department, but I getting drawled in to Security. I read a few thing about CISSP but from what I have read require at least 5 years experience in 2 domain out 8. I have only A+ and I don't think that is enough to get in there so, i'm soon going to be enrolling to WGU. I need to do my homework first on WGU as I seen lots of thread post people talk good about it. My past experience with ITT was horrible 50k for 1 year out 2 year for networking so I never finish it.. I didn't want to be debt for rest of my life with no chance of getting a job. I need some guidance how can I get there CISSP Which cert should i got next? I got MTA Test coming this Monday is Windows Operating System Fundamentals 98-349 that I study for which was easy but let see what exam will be like. What do you think I should go next after my MTA? to get into 2 domain out 8 I dunno. Help would be greatly appreciate it.

50k for 1 year of school is outrageous. Don't your local community college offer some programs that can also count towards a degree?
    c0san1j wrote: »
    I'm interested in Network and Security

Get a good foundation for networking before you go into security, because security is all about networking. If you want to shoot for CISSP, I would suggest you first go Security+ and then spring board to CISSP.
    TrustyJ wrote: »
    50k for 1 year of school is outrageous. Don't your local community college offer some programs that can also count towards a degree?

ITT Tech is a massive ripoff! They charge and IN$ANE amount of money just get to an Associates Degree that won't even transfer to a 4 year school. They and other "schools" like them should be called "predator educators". A good friend of mine went to a school similar to ITT called TEEST Institute of Technology. He regrets doing it.
  • Ray6841Ray6841 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all new here got my A+ cert today going for the network+ next any tips would be welcome thank you
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • DatcydeDatcyde Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I waited as well. Was sitting on it for over a year. Glad I got it done today.