Cisco Call Manager Express/Cisco Unity Express

jeremusjeremus Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am just starting studying the concepts of CCNA Voice and will appreciate if anyone can give me an insight on the relationship between Cisco Unified CME and Cisco Unity Express. Is it always necessary to integrate them together in order to enable the voicemail functionality.

Or maybe, am I correct in saying that it depends on the Cisco Unified CME Version that you do not need anymore the Cisco Unity Express for the voicemail.

Thanks and regards.
Jerry

Comments

• djentlemetaldjentlemetal Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I could be wrong but, where I work at, most of our smaller customers have a CME setup that always has CUE integrated with it for voicemail purposes. In order to have voicemail functionality, you'd have to have an actual voicemail client, right? That's just the way I've experienced it in the last 7 months that I've been working with voice.
    AAS - Networking and Cyber Security
    Security+ COLOR=red]X[/COLOR CCENT COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: R&S COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: Collaboration [ ]
  • jeremusjeremus Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought when Cisco changed it to Unified CME, all applications including the voicemail functionality are under one roof. Are you saying that we need to integrate the Cisco Unity Express software to Cisco Call Manger Express through a series of configurations in order for the two to communicate regardless of the version of the Cisco Unified CME.

Thanks and regards,
    Jerry
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jeremus wrote: »
    Are you saying that we need to integrate the Cisco Unity Express software to Cisco Call Manger Express through a series of configurations in order for the two to communicate regardless of the version of the Cisco Unified CME.

Thanks and regards,
    Jerry

Yes and based on how you explained it sounds like you know the answer as well lol
  • jeremusjeremus Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sir,

Do you mind if ask some questions on fxo and fxs/DID ?