Cissp passed on july 11, 2016

vahid1983vahid1983 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I passed my CISSP exam on the first attempt.

Background:
I don't have any work experience. I received my master degree in computer science and right after that I started to study for the CISSP exam.

Materials:
I only used the Eric' CISSP Study Guide book and the CCCure paid questions. No other book, reference, note, video/audio, nothing.

Study Approach:
My first language is not English. I had several other exams in English, but this one was the hardest. I started reading the Eric's book from mid January to mid March every day for 12 hours per day. Two months! and taking notes from the book. I didn't try to remember any thing at that time. My intention was only simplifying the concepts by taking my own notes. I ended up with 213 pages of notes.
From mid March to mid may I could not study, because I had to move to other city. Also I had an international trip to my home country for about 20 days.
From mid May until the exam day which was about 55 days, I was just reading my own notes and taking the tests of CCCure in the study mode for 12 hours per day. I didn't use the CCCure in the test mode. I reviewed my own notes more than 10 times.
I think the last week before the real exam is very important. My real exam time was from 8:30am to 2:30pm. So I decided to take two mock tests of Eric (two online 250 exams) from 8:30am to 2:30pm. My score for the first exam was %87 and for the second one was %84.
The day before the exam I didn't study because I had to travel to other city (500 km away from my home) to take the exam.

Exam:
As my first language is not English, I could have a dictionary in the exam. I used it more that 50 times during the exam. I took a break after the first 100 questions, then after 150 questions, then after 200 questions, then after 225 questions. When I finished the first round, it was around 2pm. I had only 30 minutes to review the answers. There where 20 questions that I was not sure about my answers. I reviewed all on them and changed 15 of them. At that time I was pretty sure that I will fail as I was changing almost all of my answers. It was a big relief when I clicked on the submit button. Then I came out of the room and got my results. You cannot imagine how happy I was when I saw the CONGRATULATION on the printed result page :)

Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    vahid1983 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I passed my CISSP exam on the first attempt.

Background:
    I don't have any work experience. I received my master degree in computer science and right after that I started to study for the CISSP exam.

Materials:
    I only used the Eric' CISSP Study Guide book and the CCCure paid questions. No other book, reference, note, video/audio, nothing.

Study Approach:
    My first language is not English. I had several other exams in English, but this one was the hardest. I started reading the Eric's book from mid January to mid March every day for 12 hours per day. Two months! and taking notes from the book. I didn't try to remember any thing at that time. My intention was only simplifying the concepts by taking my own notes. I ended up with 213 pages of notes.
    From mid March to mid may I could not study, because I had to move to other city. Also I had an international trip to my home country for about 20 days.
    From mid May until the exam day which was about 55 days, I was just reading my own notes and taking the tests of CCCure in the study mode for 12 hours per day. I didn't use the CCCure in the test mode. I reviewed my own notes more than 10 times.
    I think the last week before the real exam is very important. My real exam time was from 8:30am to 2:30pm. So I decided to take two mock tests of Eric (two online 250 exams) from 8:30am to 2:30pm. My score for the first exam was %87 and for the second one was %84.
    The day before the exam I didn't study because I had to travel to other city (500 km away from my home) to take the exam.

Exam:
    As my first language is not English, I could have a dictionary in the exam. I used it more that 50 times during the exam. I took a break after the first 100 questions, then after 150 questions, then after 200 questions, then after 225 questions. When I finished the first round, it was around 2pm. I had only 30 minutes to review the answers. There where 20 questions that I was not sure about my answers. I reviewed all on them and changed 15 of them. At that time I was pretty sure that I will fail as I was changing almost all of my answers. It was a big relief when I clicked on the submit button. Then I came out of the room and got my results. You cannot imagine how happy I was when I saw the CONGRATULATION on the printed result page :)

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! So you are going to have the Associate of ISC2 credential until your work experience requirement has been met?
  • vahid1983vahid1983 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Congrats! So you are going to have the Associate of ISC2 credential until your work experience requirement has been met?

Thank you! Yes!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I ended up with 213 pages of notes.

That's some dedication!

Congratz!
  • alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I passed mine the day after 7/12. you got 6 years to get a 5 year experience. start looking for a job :D
  • twtyjtwtyj Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

is it possible to share your notes?

thanks.
    twtyj wrote: »
    Congrats!

thanks.

I took my notes in my native language. They are not in English.
    alfred06 wrote: »
    Congrats. I passed mine the day after 7/12. you got 6 years to get a 5 year experience. start looking for a job :D

Thank you. I already found a job :)
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    twtyj wrote: »

I am not trying to push your buttons here but genuinely curious why do you want to read someone elses notes, especially 213 pages worth?!

Trust me, if you hand write your own notes you will retain that information better 100%. Plus the point of taking notes is to write down aspects that YOU do not fully understand yourself or need a reminder on. It is different for everyone since we all have different backgrounds.
  • sanretsanret Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!:D
  • billDFWbillDFW Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now that you passed, what is your next step ? Are you networking at any local ISSA/etc events ? Sending resumes out ?

Congrats
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□