Cisco Live 2016

2»

Comments

• sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Don't forget. The liver is a muscle. If you don't work it out, it will get lazy.

Don't know whats up with this year. Last year there were a bunch of vendor events at night to keep me busy. This year I haven't found anything. And still no Canada event that I can find.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've only seen three night sessions so far: Public sector (ie federal clients), CCIE party and Hyperflex after party> Definitely seems like a shorter list than last year
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    sandman748 wrote: »
    And still no Canada event that I can find.

Got word that there won't be one this year.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Got word that there won't be one this year.

Yeah. Very surprised by that
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Back from CLUS. It was a blast! Figured I'd show off some of my favorite pics from the event and some of the awesome people I met up with again this year:

David Blair and I saw each other at the CCIE Party. He actually called out to me. I was surprised he remembered my name much less remembered me.

Mr Routergods (mostinterestingasian.com) from TE + Joe Astorino who is one of my favorite Jabber buddies... We went drinking with Andre Laurent for a bit (not pictured)

A reminder that not matter how certed up you are, there's always someone better than you and with more! (Fun fact: Metha took this picture - creator of labminutes.com)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com

Hump (routergods), a mutual friend, and I

My hard-earned fake CCIE tattoo

Jason Lunde and 30-or-so of our closest friends hanging out at the Vista party suite we rented
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931

Lostindaylight from Techexams and I being twinsies

The ever amazing Joelsfood (or Mr. 52000 as I like to call him)

We had a raffle in our party suite where we gave away about 15 tablets and 10 Raspberry Pi 3s. Dieg0 and Joel both won tablets along with the rest of these folks
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    And now for the inspirational photos that you guys might have seen on the social media feed at CLUS....

"A litterbox... as far as the eye can see..."

BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ...A reminder that not matter how certed up you are, there's always someone better than you and with more! (Fun fact: Metha took this picture - creator of labminutes.com)

You have no idea how jealous of you I am right now! That is awesome!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Also, I grabbed the discount codes from the educational vendors if anyone would like to use them:

Global Knowledge - Take $300 off a course and get $200 amazon card -
    globalknowledge.com/summer500

25% off Boson at boson.com - Promo code CL16 (expires 7/31/16)

Some sort of prize thing at Fast Lane - Promo code: CiscoLive16

25% off Boson at boson.com - Promo code CL16 (expires 7/31/16)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Live was a blast this year. I'm glad I stayed at Mandalay, because there was a few between session naps due to late nights.

Passed the SISAS exam which is a nice bonus.

I'm jealous you met Metha from Labminutes, I'm a big fan of his site.

Kevin Spacey was really good.

Happy to be going home, but also can't wait for next year!
    I actually work with Metha all the time. He's located down here in Irvine and works at a partner. We share a couple of accounts and I've known him for years. Seriously one of the NICEST guys I've ever met. Fun fact: He got all three of his CCIEs in a 1.5 year window. Might be the only guy I wouldn't blink twice at who says that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Too bad I didn't see you more Katherine but at least I got to say hi :)

Travelling back home now. I'm currently in LHR trying to stay awake :D
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    Sorry, Daniel. I got stuck working booth duty and then ended up heading home Wednesday night because of family stuff icon_sad.gif

Glad I got to at least run into you a couple times though. We definitely need to go out for drinks or lunch next year. Safe travels back.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I actually work with Metha all the time. He's located down here in Irvine and works at a partner. We share a couple of accounts and I've known him for years. Seriously one of the NICEST guys I've ever met. Fun fact: He got all three of his CCIEs in a 1.5 year window. Might be the only guy I wouldn't blink twice at who says that.

Didn't Petr Lapukhov do something similar? I'm sure I'd heard in an Anthony Sequeira video he'd done 4 inside 2 years...

Yeah: -

R&S - Jun 06
    Sec - Dec 06
    SP - Jun 07
    Voice - Nov 07

That is incredible.
    He's one of the few I wouldn't say he didn't legit pass in that short of a timeframe. Usually when I see someone pass that many in that short of a timeframe, I typically see there's something shady going on... In Metha's case, He was telling me that it was before he was married, working in a NOC at a partner and able to apply that knowledge when he wanted to. Given all his Labminutes videos and some of the stuff I've seen him do in person, I don't doubt that he learned the hell out of those technologies.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like you guys had a fun time! Hope you guys are still around and not retired in the next 26 years, as I hope to get my CCIE before I hit the top of the hill (50). :P
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill