CEHv9 Passed 7/12

CertsGloriousCertsCertsGloriousCerts Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Pleased to say I was able to pass the exam today! icon_cheers.gifIt was definitely harder than expected in some respects. I wasn't certain if some was due to the version change that happened while I was studying over the course of about a year, but who knows. Here are the materials I used at some point or another:

Matt Walker AIO v8
SYBEX v8
Cybrary - Leo D. videos
Boson Practice Exams v8
Skillset - Nothing paid, just review questions here and there.
Official EC Courseware & iLabs

I came through feeling like I knew 40-45 were correct, 45-50 maybe, and about 35 no idea.

Let me know if you have any questions about the experience, and best wishes to anyone going for the cert!

Comments

• Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do you believe 2 months of preperation is enough time to pass? been studying CASP material for the past few months
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    materials ... used

Matt Walker AIO v8
    SYBEX v8
    Cybrary - Leo D. videos
    Boson Practice Exams v8
    Skillset - Nothing paid, just review questions here and there.
    Official EC Courseware & iLabs

out of your materials, which was the best in your option?

Matt Walker's AIO?
    (FYI: v9 releases in about 45 days, end of Sept)

Boson Pratice Exams?
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    out of your materials, which was the best in your option?

Matt Walker's AIO?
    (FYI: v9 releases in about 45 days, end of Sept)

Boson Pratice Exams?

IMO, AIO is great and depending on when your taking your test, Walker has a new version coming out later this year that will include some v9 updates.

As for Boson exams, for me personally, these helped me out big time. They not only get you in gear in terms of thinking the way you will be tested, but it provides very detailed explanations if used in study mode. Boson helped me during the 48 hours pre-test to brush up on the loose ends.
  • CertsGloriousCertsCertsGloriousCerts Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Z0sickx wrote: »
    do you believe 2 months of preparation is enough time to pass? been studying CASP material for the past few months

I think it's possible, but hard to say personally how your approach would be when I don't know how CASP material meets up with CEH exactly. It would also help if you already have some experience with several of the popular tools: nmap, nessus, metasploit, Cain&Abel, John the Ripper, etc.

I had very little experience with any of the tools beyond a few assignments at work and I took the course to get around the requirement.
  • CertsGloriousCertsCertsGloriousCerts Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Coffee, I very much agree with Buzzsaw. I think Boson exams with the explanations and MW AIO were both big. With Boson and other practice tests I alternated a lot and always looked at the reason for incorrect to try to reduce the chance of purely memorizing questions, I took probably 6-8 times with the last 2-3 all coming around 80ish percent correct. AIO I would look for the small sections where he emphasizes the things that come up most often on the exam. Study boxes/tables that give you the port responses, different switches, google hacking statements, etc.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□