Options

PMP Boot Camp

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Does anyone have experience with PMP boot camps? Looking to take one in the NY area next month if anyone has any recommendations or advice.
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did the SANS version for the education requirement of the PMP. It was alot of what I learned in my MBA program overlayed with the PMBOK. Once you learn the Tools, Techniques and Procedures and where the inputs, outputs and tools all reside and where - easy. Oh and through in those formulae at the end when your ready to take the full PMP with experience.

Much like the CISSP you can muscle your way through the full PMP but a lack of real project experience shines right through.

- b/eads
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    I did the SANS version for the education requirement of the PMP. It was alot of what I learned in my MBA program overlayed with the PMBOK. Once you learn the Tools, Techniques and Procedures and where the inputs, outputs and tools all reside and where - easy. Oh and through in those formulae at the end when your ready to take the full PMP with experience.

Much like the CISSP you can muscle your way through the full PMP but a lack of real project experience shines right through.

- b/eads

Good advice beans, thank you. Anyone else care to chime in?
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)