Passed CEH yesterday 7/17/2016

MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the CEH yesterday! I'm currently in the WGU Master's degree in Cyber Security right now and it's looking like I'm going to finish it in two terms but back to my original statement I passed it utilizing 95% skillset.com. I barely use the materials WGU gave me at all. I would totally recommend using skillset for this test and obtaining a 100% readiness score prior to testing. Now onto the CHFI.

Comments

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, congrats! CHFI will be a breeze now, it was even easier than the CEH.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats!. As stated above, CHFI will insult your intelligence.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats!. As stated above, CHFI will insult your intelligence.

LOL, I wanted to take the CHFI, but I did not think it was worth $600.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all and I already put in to request the voucher so I will be taking that by the end of this week! Once I'm done with this degree I plan to aim for the CISSP but that's in a whole other league but one step at a time.
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    danny069 wrote: »
    LOL, I wanted to take the CHFI, but I did not think it was worth $600.

I took it yesterday and I don't think it's worth $6.00.
  • LonVenuLonVenu Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • LonVenuLonVenu Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • DDStimeDDStime Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Would you mind posting exp, study habits etc?
  • SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been toying with the idea of taking the CEH and CHFI exams and was wondering if their questions are truly similar to those that are on their site:

https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/ceh-assessment/

If they are... Welp... I'm glad my company will pay for it but it'd be fun to at least knock out!
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
    DDStime wrote: »
    Congrats!

Would you mind posting exp, study habits etc?
    Yes I can. I mainly used Skillset to study with. They have a readiness score so once I hit the 100% score I went and tested. I can honestly say I don't see how someone can fail if they use that resource. I also used the Boson Practice exam engine that WGU provided. This one worked very well. Finally, I used some of the material from the ASPEN EC official coursework as well. But like I said, Skillset is king! I only studied around 14 days.
    I have been toying with the idea of taking the CEH and CHFI exams and was wondering if their questions are truly similar to those that are on their site:

https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/ceh-assessment/

If they are... Welp... I'm glad my company will pay for it but it'd be fun to at least knock out!
    Didn't mean to post twice but I didn't see an option to edit my previous post. The questions are eerily similar to the actual exam. If you can answer all 50 of those, I'd say sign up for skillset and take their exam simulator and see where you stand. If you pass that I'd say you're good for the real exam.
  • compton2k15compton2k15 Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    I took it yesterday and I don't think it's worth $6.00.

I LOLd. :)
    CISSP | CISM | MBA | SEC + | Net+ |  A+ |
    Next up: renew CCNA, AZ-900, AZ-500
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No, not hard at all.
  • Bl@ckbriarBl@ckbriar Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... i just passed mine also ... trying to add the logo now to my profile :)