Get a CCIE every 17 months.....

SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
Hello, ladies and gents.

My attention got caught up from a network engineer who achieved 7 CCIE certifications within 10 years time.

To be honest, I thought it was a joke, but the guy seems very serious and I am very impressed by his studying techniques and abilities.

The link below to his profile on the social network Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/fabiosemperboni

Here, there's one interview where he talks about different things: from study routine to personal life, and career progression.
Interview with Anderson Mota Alves, 7x CCIE | CiscoZine

That's all from me....I get back to my routing and switching CCNP exams.

Kind Regards.

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great article indeed!

Here is another interesting article from an 8x CCIE. I keep this one printed and around when I am feeling sluggish with my studies.

Lessons From Octuple CCIE – Neil Moore
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Every 17 months doesn't seem bad. There's a couple out there who got them all in a space of 2 years with no experience. I tend to raise my eyebrow at those but there are a couple that got them in a short period of time and I have no doubt were legitimate - Metha from Labminutes (3 in a year and a half), Ivan Pepelnjak (forgot how many but he got a ton in a short period of time), etc.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cliffs....give up friends, do nothing but study outside of work. If somebody is willing to make the sacrifice that is their decision but there is more to life than work.
  • SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to be impressed when my uncle had 3 CCIE Level certifications at one time. I'm no longer impressed though. Congrats on the people that got and can maintain 7 - 8 of them. I have enough trouble maintaining the certs that I have now.
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Cliffs....give up friends, do nothing but study outside of work. If somebody is willing to make the sacrifice that is their decision but there is more to life than work.

It would be cool to do what they do, but I think it's the individual. Collecting CCIEs it's not my objective, but absorbing and retaining the information at their speed, yes.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    slightly relevant, but I had this one friend at uni, he was studying genetics, and used to get 100% on almost all his subjects (this has never happened in uni history..and it was a damn tough uni). He used to wake up at 5:00 am everyday, and sleep at 9:00pm everyday. He did nothing but eat, study, sleep. He did that for the entire 5 yrs that I've known him.

After his undergrad he went to grad school and did amazing things and now he works in a hospital and does research as well.

If you have goals, then pursue them. Don't worry what movies tell you about what 'happiness' is. You only live once, do what you want.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    If you have goals, then pursue them. Don't worry what movies tell you about what 'happiness' is. You only live once, do what you want.

I agree with you. I think that most of the people here on this forum see certifications as a challenge to improve their abilities. My point was really about studying techniques and personal attitude as means to achieve our goals.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Every 17 months doesn't seem bad. There's a couple out there who got them all in a space of 2 years with no experience. I tend to raise my eyebrow at those but there are a couple that got them in a short period of time and I have no doubt were legitimate - Metha from Labminutes (3 in a year and a half), Ivan Pepelnjak (forgot how many but he got a ton in a short period of time), etc.

I believe it. I think if you are a genius and can lock yourself in a room for a year or two it can be done. But for most people it takes much, much longer than that.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Iwan Hoogendoorn has 6 x CCIE's too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    The other thing too is I had a guy at my last company that had 3. He said after the first the rest werent as hard because you had an idea of what you might be going into compared to your first that you go in blind.

However, I give props to those who go through that path but by the same means considering our Mr Joel got his in March (congrats again) and the last I checked we are at roughly 53600 now I think Cisco needs to revamp their tests as to me there should not be 1600 more in the span of ~5 months.