Options

CRISC June 2016 Exam Experience and Results.

13»

Comments

• Options
    JazzPilot56JazzPilot56 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The online DB has progress and targeted question capabilities. You enter the test date, # of days/week you plan on studying, and it tells you the hours per day needed and tracks total study time - obviously this is a simple calculation, but it's nice to see it being tracked. Then you can target missed last time seen questions or frequently missed 'trouble' questions (something like that, don't quote me on it).

You can also focus on specific domains (which you can do in the book as well), they just make it easier. The online gives two options for question review - # of questions or amount of time; e.g. 10, 20, 30, 50... questions or 10, 20, 30, 60 minutes of test questions (again, don't quote me on the exact process). Lastly, you can take practice exams of 125 questions (200 questions for CISA / CISM), which is very helpful if you haven't taken an ISACA exam.

As for results, I took the CISM, CISA, and CRISC using the online DB and scored top 10%, top 5%, top 10% respectively. On the other hand, I just took the CGEIT, which as of my taking this past June 2016, didn't have an online option; I scored top 5% on that exam.

My recommendation, if it's your first ISACA exam, get the online DB. If you've previously taken an ISACA test or are familiar with similar tests (like CISSP) then the manual alone may do the trick. Actually, I see you have CISA; if the manual worked before it will work for CRISC.

Hope that helps and good luck.

PS - as a side note, I highly recommend a study group / partner; I did that for the CISM & CISA and my study partner scored the same ranking as me
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your response. Yes, i got through CISA with Review Manual only, Didn't buy QnA manual also as i was giving the exam for the first time and took my chances. I got most of the concepts clear, and this helped me answering the questions in CISA exam. I will consider your inputs for CRISC now.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is by far the most difficult ISACA test i've taken!
  • Options
    JazzPilot56JazzPilot56 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    None of them are easy for sure, but agreed that CRISC was the most challenging of the four (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT).
  • Options
    shaanp92shaanp92 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    None of them are easy for sure, but agreed that CRISC was the most challenging of the four (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT).

You think so? I am planning to take the CISM next, not sure how I feel about 200 questions though, I could barely get through 150 for the CRISC.. left the testing room with a fried brain.
  • Options
    CaptainunhappyCaptainunhappy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jcundiff, sorry I took so long to get back to you. My background/experience: Masters degree in IS, 8 years network administration experience, 10 years IT Audit experience, Cisco and Microsoft certified.....
  • Options
    smotensmoten Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ever worst exam, very difficult english for non-native, most of the content i didnt see in any of the materials it studied.

At your request (per your exam registration authorization), this email is being sent to notify you of your June 2016 CRISC exam result. A scaled score of 450 or higher is required to pass, which represents the minimum consistent standard of knowledge as established by ISACA's CRISC Certification Working Group.

We are sorry to inform you that you were not successful in passing the CRISC exam. You received a total scaled score of 433. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.
  • Options
    AribaAriba Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I totally agree with all above comments. 
    I studied for CRISC... 2 books of ISACA,Around 600 questions online and in paper, I did 2 online tutorials through Cybrary and guess what?...

I failed.

All questions were no-sense, all option looked similar and probably correct and the 70% of questions were MOST,BEST,GREATEST type...
    Moreover the English were really confusing for a non-native... A lot of subjects and technical terms were out and just confusing questions.

I did a big mistake selecting this exam. It is not recommended.

I have a BSC,a MSC with Distinction and I work in a big Sillicon Valley company in Info.Sec...Just FYI if you wonder about my study capabilities...
  • Options
    OztexsOztexs Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gee I am regretting starting the CRISC journey now ! I am a CSSP and CEH with 7yrs Technology & Cyber Risk management for a large international bank .. and wanted to get a better understanding of the control environment so my colleague who passed his CRSIC on first attempt suggested CRISC .. but after reading comments here ! not sure anymore .. might go with CISA or CISM 
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    ISACA exams test for your understanding of IT auditing, InfoSec management, and risk management "the ISACA way." If your organization does not follow "the ISACA way" then there is very little studying the ISACA material will teach you about how your own organization is designed and operates in these domains.