Options

ITIL Intermediate OSA Capabilites Study Guide REQUIRED

RavstaRavsta Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

Just signed up for the above and wondering if anyone can recommend any study guides I can use before I actually do the course to help me to be a bit more prepared ?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Get the official guides from Axelos. These are the 5 big books, and the 4 smaller books. There's also a chart showing the overlaps between the big books and the smaller books, so that you can just get what you need.

There's also this: http://www.amazon.com/Operational-Support-Analysis-Candidates-Second/dp/178017196X

And this older post here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/itil-certifications/105991-passed-itil-osa-here-my-study-notes.html
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Lchungwe55Lchungwe55 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought this is the one TSO-shop
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Lchungwe55 wrote: »
    I thought this is the one TSO-shop

Yeah, those are the small books (Capability Handbooks), you need also the big books (Lifecycle core guidance books). The small books are like quick reference guides and don't have all the necessary detail - they actually refer back to the big books.

For OSA, the Service Operation big book is the one you need most. There's also a little from Service Design.

But I'd supplement with either a good quality course that provides notes or with a study guide.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    RavstaRavsta Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great. Thanks.
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Following on from our successful Foundation Study Guide, we have just published a lifecycle companion study guide. Although aimed at the lifecycle syllabus, it covers a lot of the same material, as well as support for the other areas. Available from Amazon.
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Operational Support and Analysis. The Operational Support andAnalysis (OSA) module is one of the certifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Ravsta, if you're planning on buying the ITIL core volumes I would recommend downloading the syllabus from the AXELOS website too. This will help you identify the relevant chapters of the books to read, if not the amount of information can feel overwhelming. Claire