Options

What certification next?

Hi all,

I have recently passed my CCNA:Security and my CCNP:R&S and i'm at a bit of a stand still; i'm not sure what certification to peruse next? Part of me wants to continue and complete the NP:Sec track, however I have heard that it is a little outdated, so i'm tempted to wait for a refresh.

In terms of work requirements, I think a NA:Sec and NP:R&S is okay for the time being, but I need to learn some bits such as MPLS, QoS, recap on my dynamic routing protocols and layer 2 technologies. Is it worth looking at completing an exam which would teach my knowledge of the above, or just simply read some books to get my knowledge up to scratch?

I have a keen eye on the design tracks for both associate and professional level, however i'm not too sure if it's worth it?

Cheers,
Simrid
Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NP Sec refresh is coming, by the way. I don't have a solid date or even an estimate, but I would guess that we would hear something within the next month or two about an updated SITCS course. I am very sure that CCNP Security v2 will be released sometime in 2017.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    NP Sec refresh is coming, by the way. I don't have a solid date or even an estimate, but I would guess that we would hear something within the next month or two about an updated SITCS course. I am very sure that CCNP Security v2 will be released sometime in 2017.

Interesting to know, perhaps it is worth holding out for the refresh if it is to be released shortly.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle