Passed LX0-103

thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well, I passed the LX0-103 exam today with a 550. Not by the skin of my teeth, but still on the low end. I'm just happy to have passed. I bought the voucher a year ago and have been studying off and on with numerous disruptions.

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's great news! Congrats! I am kind of studying for this now, when do you plan on taking the 104?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! A pass is a pass no matter what :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Can you spill a bit of info about the exam? Do you need to know a lot of stuff in depth? Or can you get away with knowing the "essentials" such as grep, a bit of regex etc. I'm in panic mode at the moment because my exam is at the end of the month and I feel like I know very little about what is going to be on the exam. Sure, i've read the objectives but some of the sample exam questions i've seen are barely covered in the material i'm looking at.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    That's great news! Congrats! I am kind of studying for this now, when do you plan on taking the 104?

I was thinking about stopping and studying for the CCNP Switch since it is more applicable to my job. However, I think I'm just going to try to knock out 104 so I can be done with it. I'm thinking maybe 30-90 days? I would have to be pretty consistent with studying though.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    si20 wrote: »
    Congrats! Can you spill a bit of info about the exam? Do you need to know a lot of stuff in depth? Or can you get away with knowing the "essentials" such as grep, a bit of regex etc. I'm in panic mode at the moment because my exam is at the end of the month and I feel like I know very little about what is going to be on the exam. Sure, i've read the objectives but some of the sample exam questions i've seen are barely covered in the material i'm looking at.

I would say the exam was more broad than deep. I felt LinuxAcademy did a good job of preparing me as well as the Pearson cert guide(Ross Brunson and Sean Walberg). I usually buy the ebook version as well which has access to some more tests. Last night I took an exam and selected all of the tests and chapters 1-10 and then went through the 240 odd questions in "study mode" where I could read the explanation right after I answered the question. I also liked the chapter quizzes for the book. Note: The Pearson simulator questions do have some serious issues for this topic, there are all sorts of mistakes on their practice questions. Surprisingly(thankfully?) the book does not seem to have these same mistakes in them.

Preparing for the test is nerve wracking, but I think going through your study materials multiple times is the way to go. If I were you and had to do both tests relatively soon I would probably go through the material for both exams, and then return to the material for the first exam and go through it again before that test and then go through the material for the second exam again after you are done with the first test.

I think for the 104 exam I'm going to go through the LinuxAcademy course while following along on a lab server, go through chapters 11-20 of my pearson book, and listen to Linux Academy mp3s in my car. I think the more you are exposed to the content, the more you can connect the dots and realize which answers are right and which ones are wrong.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccboy85ccboy85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! I will be starting LX-0104 soon as well.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.