October 24-28, 2016: Cybersecurity Analyst+ Cut Score Workshop

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
In case anyone is interested in helping close the loop on this new cert.

"CompTIA is looking for IT security professionals with experience in one or more of the following IT security fields: data analysis and response, risk management, penetration testing, compliance and auditing, and incident response including attack identification to help determine passing standard for the certification exam and to review items for our CompTIA Security Analyst Certification exam.

The purpose of a Cut Score Workshop is to set the passing standard for the certification exam and to help create items for the exam.

https://certification.comptia.org/get-involved/become-a-subject-matter-expert/workshops/cybersecurity-analyst-experts-needed "

Comments

• firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Taking mine today @ 0900.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sweet. Applied.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Man I'm going to miss two of these in one year since I didn't budget the travel for it! Hopefully there's more next year (if they have any more security certs left to "renew") since I'm putting money in the 2017 budget to travel!
  • firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took Analyst + today. Mixed feeling son this one for sure. It's a little different than what I do for a living, but the test overall I give a C+. In this sense because it was a Beta I cannot criticize to much, however a bunch of these questions were misleading. Some of the questions had two right answer or it was kind of hard to figure out what exactly the test was actually wanting as an answer. Those are my thoughts on this exam.
  • scjohnson1988scjohnson1988 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Such a long wait! Is there a possibility of the exam scores being sent out following the workshop or will it just be a full-stop until the exam release?
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Such a long wait! Is there a possibility of the exam scores being sent out following the workshop or will it just be a full-stop until the exam release?

From the CompTIA Website:

Coming soon! Final exam to be released on February 15, 2017. The CSA+ beta exam registration is closed. If you took the beta exam, your pass/fail results will be sent directly from Pearson VUE when the exam is released. Thank you for taking the beta and helping CompTIA further define IT workforce skills in security analytics. Looks like they will be released when the exam is released in February.