CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
Been studying the CCSP https://www.isc2.org/ccsp/default.aspx , so thought I would give a quick review. The CCSP is a certification aimed at cloud security ISC2 created it with CSA who also have the CCSK which is a more entry level cloud cert I wrote a review of that one here http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/98368-certificate-cloud-security-ccsk-review.html

The exam has been recently updated so there is not many resources for the updated exam apart from the official book. ISC2 also offers some free training material and also some paid for online training. I only used the official book and it was not bad but like all ISC2 books it is a bit dry and does not flow that well.

I had read other reviews where people said the book is not enough to just pass the exam and I have to agree, the exam questions are all multi choice and a few with a scenario then a few questions based on the scenario. The book does not cover all the questions you will see in the exam but I do not think that is always a bad thing it means person cannot just read the book and pass the exam you will need some experience in cloud security and also you need to have a minimum of five years paid full-time information technology experience, of which three years must be in information security and one year in one of the six (6) domains of the CCSP examination which ISC2 check. It is a four exam with 125 questions I did not struggle with time and think that is more than enough.

I passed the exam but will not get the score for a few days, there is only currently 55 people in the UK with the cert, it is quite new but with cloud technology growing I can see this being a good cert to get for the future.

Comments

• mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    What other resources did you use?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    None just the book.
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rob1234 wrote: »
    I had read other reviews where people said the book is not enough to just pass the exam and I have to agree, the exam questions are all multi choice and a few with a scenario then a few questions based on the scenario.
    rob1234 wrote: »
    None just the book.

Evidently it is. ISC(2) are renown for having too much information needed to pass in the book... bibliographies of course. This is the biggest fallacy of certifications to date: Relying on a single source of information to pass an exam. CSA and ENISA should both factor heavily into your reading as well as NIST and many other frameworks.

The lower the cert number the more credibility one has.

- b/eads
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    beads wrote: »
    Evidently it is. ISC(2) are renown for having too much information needed to pass in the book... bibliographies of course. This is the biggest fallacy of certifications to date: Relying on a single source of information to pass an exam. CSA and ENISA should both factor heavily into your reading as well as NIST and many other frameworks.

The lower the cert number the more credibility one has.

- b/eads

No also said you need experience, which is how I managed to answer most of the questions.

Also lower cert numbers could be because it is new (in this case) very expensive (giac) or just not very good.