Options

JOHN McAFEE: My new company will make the cloud 'completely obsolete'

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
JOHN McAFEE: MGT Capital to make cloud 'completely obsolete' - Business Insider

This guy cracks me up. I'm not a cloud guy, can someone translate what the hell he is talking about? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He's kind of a clown as of now in a good meaning of this word. He's rich already and can afford saying whatever he wants.

Did you see his "how to uninstall McAfee antivirus" video? It's damn LOL hilarious!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I despise that antivirus. LOL Didn't he try to take over a country or something? Oh brother..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Probably just like his announcement that he could break into the iPhone and then later retracted it.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wouldn't completely right this guy off as a complete loony. He does have some very smart people in his corner. He is also a man with an ego so he is looking to bounce back. He is an interesting fellow and he is entertaining.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Making the internet great again.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    John also attracts negative attention like being accused of murdering his girlfriend in El Salvador or one of those Central American countries. I forget and don't care to look it up. Hes a loony alright but a rich loony.

- b/eads
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    He is one crazy motha. But most people that do cool sh!t in the world are. I would not count out John as he us a brilliant dude and the guys he usually surrounds himself with are no different.

The company MGT they made is known for some state if the art works with bit coin mining and spy stuff. They acquired d-vasive and demon saw to expand into the sec realm.

Demon saw is a crypto architecture that uses common social knowledge as your crypto keys in an symmetric and asymmetric manner. Its also decentralized. You exchange keys by exchanged pieces of common knowledge like pictures of your cat, text messages etc...it works in real time and all authentication is done different each time.

At only $3.50 a share I think it would be a decent investment to be part of.

...sometimes investing in people is better than investing in products....

At any rate he is def an eccentric guy with eccentric products.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mbarrett wrote: »
    Making the internet great again.

hahahaha this phrase always makes me go lol no matter what context it is used. lol
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    The company MGT they made is known for some state if the art works with bit coin mining and spy stuff. They acquired d-vasive and demon saw to expand into the sec realm.

At only $3.50 a share I think it would be a decent investment to be part of.

...sometimes investing in people is better than investing in products....

At any rate he is def an eccentric guy with eccentric products.

Funny. Jason Bond had MGT as one of his picks yesterday morning
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He's on his way to becoming the world's first super villian! akin to Hank Scorpio.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Didn't he try to take over a country or something? Oh brother..

Believed he got kicked out of Belize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yU2NNb12Y4

According to him, he didn't want to pay a bribe to the local police force, so they shot up his farm. Sounds like he was experimenting with living in another country.

I respect him for his stance for civil liberties and privacy.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown