Options

Feedback on GCWN

5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken the most recent rendition of the GCWN? I'm becoming more and more interested in taking this class / cert, especially with the focus on PowerShell and some of the new security features that are coming out with Windows Server 2016. Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated! Looking to sign up before EOY via OnDemand.

Comments

• Options
    nopx90nopx90 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jason Fossen is a boss. Much recommended. It's one whole day of Powershell. With more sprinkled in as the course advances.

If you manage AD security it's definitely the course to take.
  • Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback! What did you think of the new offerings from MS and how they were covered in the course, such as JIT / JEA?
  • Options
    gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently took this course and exam. I would highly recommend it to current sysadmins looking for immediately actionable strategies to secure their windows based services environment. I had some folks in my class that came from the network side of the house with little sysadmin experience, and while many passed the exam, they struggled to keep up with some of the material.

As for features, server 2016 is covered from a powershell perspective and there is a block on JEA. Mostly the course is focused on secure configuration (through a combo of PoSH, DSC, GPO, and security templates) and secure communication through IPSec.