Failed 9/18

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
This has to be one of the hardest exams I've ever sat for. All of the studying I did amounted to nothing. icon_rolleyes.gif

In my opinion, the questions are too wordy. Very scenario based, but just long and you have to read a few times to get an understanding of what they're really referring to.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How long did you study for? Which books of reference did you use? I am going to take this exam probably next year.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    This has to be one of the hardest exams I've ever sat for. All of the studying I did amounted to nothing. icon_rolleyes.gif

In my opinion, the questions are too wordy. Very scenario based, but just long and you have to read a few times to get an understanding of what they're really referring to.

Indeed. This one busts you in the gut.

Negatives:

You're out some cash for a bit.
    Ego is probably a little beat up.

Positives:

You know what to expect on your next attempt.
    The exam report tells you what you need to work on.
    It takes guts to walk in here and admit to failing it.

Rescheduled this dude twice I think. Every time thinking I just wasn't ready. You will get it next time bruh.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Wow this exam is dropping people like flies. You'll get it next time! Strange because a colleague of mine just took it the other day and he said it was just one-liner questions. He failed it too and he works in Cyber Security.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    I'm getting cold feet on this exam icon_study.gif
  • No_NerdNo_Nerd Banned Posts: 168
    I failed 3 times ( I had to take the test every two weeks ) Just take a few weeks off and brush up on what you need to.

You will get it ..!!
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I had a spare voucher($50), which is why I sat for the exam. I don't particularly need it, but I just had to use it by 9/18. The book I used for study was the Pearson CASP study guide and studied for 5 months.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No_Nerd wrote: »
    I failed 3 times ( I had to take the test every two weeks ) Just take a few weeks off and brush up on what you need to.

You will get it ..!!

That's a whoopin right there. Props for sticking with it.
  • Z0sickxZ0sickx Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the exam is a gut punch, if your looking for discounted Exam vouchers head over to cybrary.it....nobody should be being full price for this exam. but to give some more advice you should be reading the pearson and sybex book both books 3 times and be taking notes by writing...its long and painful way of doing it but it will build a better picture in your mind when your trying to remember.