Options

Directly go for itil malc exam ? Possible ?

csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear All

I am just wondering if anyone is aware that if we can seat for the MALC EXAM directly ( obviously if we have 17 credits ).

Reason for this question : Is it mandatory to have the MALC Course Training before the exam? Anyone any idea ?

Thanks in advance
C Saha

Comments

• Options
    torrentetorrente Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes it is mandatory, it is a really interesting and practical course that ads good value doing it in a classroom with instructor and other participants.

Nevertheless if you want to fast-track it in a low cost way you can do it with gogotraining, there is an offer now and you can do it in 30 days for only $60 that is very very cheap: ITIL® 2011: Managing Across the Lifecycle - AXELOS and EXIN Accredited Training - ITIL®, IT Service Management Training - Online Training Course | GogoTraining

As a disclaimer: I have not done any ITIL course with them and I can not assess the quality of the course, but I can assess that is cheap :)

Anyway take in consideration that MALC depending on your background and how recent is the rest of ITIL courses could be quite challenging.
  • Options
    littleicklelittleickle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could someone confirm if this ITIL Malc course from gogotraining will fulfil the course certification requirements? I thought 30 hours training with a registered training company was required, so their training course seems short?

Thanks
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Could someone confirm if this ITIL Malc course from gogotraining will fulfil the course certification requirements?

It is enough - I sat it last year using only the GoGo Training course and the official ITIL book. The truth is that you need to take all the other courses in the lifecycle or capability track before you can even sit MALC and these contain all the info you need - the MALC course brings them together in a more holistic way.

If you did OK in the other courses then you should not struggle with MALC.

thanks
    Iain
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    thanks for sharing information.....
    ITIL Certification designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam