Passed CISSP 9/22/2016

DeZaagDeZaag Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I've passed the CISSP exam and I wanted to drop a few lines on my passing strategy for others, since I've used the information and resources from this forum as well.

I've been working in and around the security domain as an information architect at a telecommunications company for the past 5 years. This gave me a broad understanding of security concepts and a good foundation for the CISSP exam.

My exam preparation focused mainly on making test exams. I must have completed over 2.000 test exam questions, mostly from Wiley and McGraw - Hill. The test exams from both apps and websites explain why answers are wrong and/or correct. For myself, this is the best way to remember information and the logic behind it.

It took me 1,5 hours to complete the 250 questions and walk out of the test center with a positive result. I'm usually fast with exams and making a lot of test exams ensured I knew what to expect regarding type of questions and details to focus on.

The next certificate will probably be CISM, since it is embodied in the part-time masters study I'm about to start.
I just wanted to thank everyone for dropping their resources and experience in this forum. It has been a massive help.

Comments

• shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrts on ur great achivement. Would u pls tell, Wchich domain need to more foucsed?
  • shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi... Could you please let us know about your scores in the practice exams??
  • DeZaagDeZaag Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shamim.sec wrote: »
    Congrts on ur great achivement. Would u pls tell, Wchich domain need to more foucsed?

Thanks. I think most domains were covered quite evenly, maybe a bit more focus on management-like domains.
    shreenag wrote: »
    Hi... Could you please let us know about your scores in the practice exams??

Mostly 80%+ in the last 2 weeks.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • misthemisthe Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, great and unique approach i must say :) How much time did you spend to complete all those test and feel comfortable for the exams ?
    Probably you would make 100 questions per day ....?
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Thanks!
    misthe wrote: »
    Congrats, great and unique approach i must say :) How much time did you spend to complete all those test and feel comfortable for the exams ?
    Probably you would make 100 questions per day ....?

Thanks! I think so, yes. The last few days before the exam I increased it and the day before the exam I probably did 500 questions or so.
    sameoj wrote: »
    Congrats

Thanks!
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DeZaag wrote: »
    Today I've passed the CISSP exam and I wanted to drop a few lines on my passing strategy for others, since I've used the information and resources from this forum as well.

I've been working in and around the security domain as an information architect at a telecommunications company for the past 5 years. This gave me a broad understanding of security concepts and a good foundation for the CISSP exam.

My exam preparation focused mainly on making test exams. I must have completed over 2.000 test exam questions, mostly from Wiley and McGraw - Hill. The test exams from both apps and websites explain why answers are wrong and/or correct. For myself, this is the best way to remember information and the logic behind it.

It took me 1,5 hours to complete the 250 questions and walk out of the test center with a positive result. I'm usually fast with exams and making a lot of test exams ensured I knew what to expect regarding type of questions and details to focus on.

The next certificate will probably be CISM, since it is embodied in the part-time masters study I'm about to start.
    I just wanted to thank everyone for dropping their resources and experience in this forum. It has been a massive help.

This maybe the approach I need as I think I learn best this way. Nice job on the home run and congrats!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    This maybe the approach I need as I think I learn best this way. Nice job on the home run and congrats!

I've done the same for the TOGAF 9 Combined Foundation & Certified exam and nailed it with an 88% score. For me test exams are the best way to learn, but also to get to know how a specific organization likes to ask its exam questions.

Thanks!
    greg9891 wrote: »
    congrats!

Thanks!
  • hugebrainhugebrain Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□