PMP Study Advices

semehsemeh Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

Please share some good advices to crack PMP exam: Best Book, Free Materials, Study Process ...

Thanks

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Have you done a course already? Or is this in preparation for a course?

Normally, you can do a 5 day course, and/or an Exam prep course by your local PMI chapter. There are also quite a few books available. I can only recommend the All-in-one CAPM/PMP by Joseph Phillips. I think the 3rd edition is the most recent, and it is from 2014.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does anyone on these threads have any experience with RMC Fastrack? I want to possibly use that for my exam prep but it is an ungodly $250

If anyone can give me some feedback it would at least justify the expense.
    Thanks
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    There are many study material available on internet.
    Good luckicon_thumright.gif
  • nam.dokenam.doke Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can refer PMBOK Guide 5th edition and Rita’s book to prepare for PMP certification exam. There are numerous online sources available, you can surf the internet to get more sources or can take a short term bootcamp to get PMP certified.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Have you done a course already? Or is this in preparation for a course?

Normally, you can do a 5 day course, and/or an Exam prep course by your local PMI chapter. There are also quite a few books available. I can only recommend the All-in-one CAPM/PMP by Joseph Phillips. I think the 3rd edition is the most recent, and it is from 2014.

Do you have to take the course in order to take the exam?

Thanks