Official ISC2 Practice Tests to be released

d00gmand00gman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just saw this over on the Reddit forum (thanks itstuffguy) that ISC2 is set to release an official CISSP practice exam pack July 5th, 2016 to compliment the Sybex 7th Official Guide. Reading the description it is supposed to offer questions in the same manner and domain balance as we would see on the exam. 1300 questions in total with, 100 per domain and two 250 question full practice exams. More can be found by looking here:

CISSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests: 9781119252283: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com

I'm set to take my exam at the end of June (not scheduled yet however) but I may wait until this is released to utilize it as I am using the Sybex currently and a few more weeks can't hurt I suppose.

d00gman

Comments

• goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    The Sybex companion site has 420 questions (20 for each chapter - the same ones in the book) and then four 250 question bonus exams, those aren't in the book. A total of 1420 questions for free.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Cora_PanCora_Pan Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After the official CISSP practice exam pack was released (CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests), is someone who has concrete experience with this book?
    Did it help on the preparation for CISSP exam?

Thanks for your inputs!
  • Paolo264Paolo264 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cora_Pan wrote: »
    After the official CISSP practice exam pack was released (CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests), is someone who has concrete experience with this book?
    Did it help on the preparation for CISSP exam?

Thanks for your inputs!

Anything that helps you learn the materials should be welcomed. You're never going to get questions in the real exam that mirror the practice exams. I would focus on trying to learn the concepts and supplement your knowledge/understanding with test questions.
    CISSP | CRISC | ISO27001 Lead Implementer
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    d00gman wrote: »
    CISSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests: 9781119252283: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com

I'm set to take my exam at the end of June (not scheduled yet however) but I may wait until this is released to utilize it as I am using the Sybex currently and a few more weeks can't hurt I suppose.

d00gman
    Have you taken the exam?

You can also buy from Wiley: CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests - Mike Chapple, David Seidl.
    ISC2 members can get it at 50% off; refer to the members benefit page for details.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like a great supplement, I'm going to get it, thanks!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just purchased. Taking my third attempt late September.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • netdoc99netdoc99 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Scooped it up off Amazon... the tests are pretty tough (as I would expect them to be coming from ISC2. I have taken both of the included 250 question tests and passed them in the low 70s (not adequate enough IMO). Having taken numerous tests from numerous sources, I feel like these were really good and the ones from Eric Conrad were good. The latter had kind of a warped way of asking some of the questions IMO. If the actual test questions are asked the same, then I would consider it good prep. Does anyone have any feedback on that notion? I am NOT asking for actual testing information. Just an opinion about the way the actual questions are worded on the test. Preferably, I would like someone to answer who has sat the Eric Conrad tests and then taken the actual test.
    Thanks and good luck to all in the process of studying!!!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am done with the first two domains. So far the questions are unique and very understanding with very well written explanations of why the answer is correct and why the others are not correct.

The key highlight for me is the explanations of correct and incorrect answers. Very well done so far.

CCCURE test questions are still very highly recommended and bring another unique venue of test prep. So continue to use CCCURE as an additional supplement.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • kdawoodkdawood Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can u pls share isc2 official practice test.
  • netdoc99netdoc99 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The practice tests are actually a paperback book. Amazon has it for 27.00
  • cledford3cledford3 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got an unsolicited email from ISC2 today pimping the release of the book.
  • JohnmuellerJohnmueller Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone try to get access to the test bank via the website? I got the access code but it won't allow me to view the book on the https://sybextestbanks.wiley.com website. Anyone else have luck?
  • PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the book and have been averaging 75% through chapters 1-5 but chapter 6 (Software development security) has caused a lot of problems with me only getting 55%!

Lots of questions on stuff that is barely touched in the Sybex books and does not appear in the CCCure tests that I have done.

Stuff like SOC level 1,2 3 etc

These questions are much trickier than the CCCure ones
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    Pengu wrote: »

These questions are much trickier than the CCCure ones

Yup. Just like the actual exam.

Sounds like you're getting close though! Keep it up!
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Has anyone tried the official app yet? It looks pretty promising, hopefully 450 questions is a large enough test bank.
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    you can also buy from Wiley: CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests - Mike Chapple, David Seidl.
    Are these online questions/tests
    or just in paper format?
    And secondly do they have an option to take customized number of questions from a test for a specific domain? (Online obviously?
    PS: seems like Paperback only