Options

New to ITIL - Advice needed.

ohmaigawdohmaigawd Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, can anyone give me any advice on what resources to use to self-study for the ITIL foundation exam? practice questions etc?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are not going to get any help here if you are asking for ****. Pass the test by studying the books and put in study time.
  • Options
    Maybe some advice on what books? Wasn't that what I asked? I have never read about ITIL and I don't know what materials to use/to study. Obviously If I bother to post here, I am trying to find what study resources I can use.

You make it seem like exam **** is a vulgarity or illegal or something.. If it is then maybe advice on what is the LEGIT way to study rather then giving useless responses.

If you don't have any good advice to share, feel free not to respond to this thread.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ohmaigawd wrote: »
    Maybe some advice on what books? Wasn't that what I asked? I have never read about ITIL and I don't know what materials to use/to study. Obviously If I bother to post here, I am trying to find what study resources I can use.

You make it seem like exam **** is a vulgarity or illegal or something.. If it is then maybe advice on what is the LEGIT way to study rather then giving useless responses.

If you don't have any good advice to share, feel free not to respond to this thread.

There are 3 sticky threads on this section of the forum alone. Did you do any research on them? How about all the other threads? Probably not, instead you asked for bumps right away.

And yes, **** are illegal as they violate the NDA you sign for the cerificates and if you get caught you will lose your cerificatation and probably suspended from the organization sponsoring the cerificate. The legit way is to study from a book and not an exam ****.
  • Options
    To me exam **** = practice questions like end of chapter reviews etc. not exact replica of exam questions which I can understand is a violation of NDA obviously. I think your definition of exam **** is an exact replicate of the exam questions which is not what I was saying. Regardless, if it bugs you that much I edited the post to reflect practice questions instead.

As for the resources, I don't think you provided any sort of valuable reply. There are tons of resources out there and those "Passed" threads are usually months before. It'll be good to know what books people are reading - self-study as of recent and have passed the exam with those.

Don't make assumptions on what people have or have not researched unless your point of being on these forums is to ask people to google the answers to their threads themselves (which I think that's what you spend most of your time doing considering you typed out so many paragraphs of words and none of that have answered my initial post).

Thanks for "attempting" to answer my question anyway.
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi ohmaigawd, start with this blog: Your ITIL Foundation Certification Questions Answered | ITSM Zone

it should set you on the right track.

Claire
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    ITIL formerly an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I highly recommend Claire Agutter's book (https://www.amazon.com/ITIL-Foundation-Essentials-Exam-Facts/dp/1849283990/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478909653&sr=8-1&keywords=Claire+agutter). I used it as my sole source of study and got like an 88. Very easy read, and straight to the point. Covers all exam objectives.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework