Options

Supporting Multiple Offices

dfrancdfranc Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all. Just wanted to ask the question about supporting multiple offices, from managing user requests, monitoring network, the whole IT support package. I have 7 office locations, mostly very small, I work out the headquarters which is the largest. I just want a solution that I can manage all from a single location.

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you need some infrastructure setup. My company uses Active Directory and Novell to manage access and software allowances, SCCM to distribute software. Monitoring a network is out of my realm. Sorry I couldn't help.
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    dfrancdfranc Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply, yes, we have AD etc, just thinking about software for backing up the locations from HQ and supporting the locations through some sort of remote management tool.
  • Options
    MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
    Teamviewer is what I use. Makes it easy, teamviewer for end-user support and RDP for anything server related. If its just you or a few people who will be doing the support you will only need a couple licenses. It makes things super easy.
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trucido wrote: »
    Sounds like you need some infrastructure setup. My company uses Active Directory and Novell to manage access and software allowances, SCCM to distribute software. Monitoring a network is out of my realm. Sorry I couldn't help.

WHAT !!! Novell ????
  • Options
    MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
    As far as backing up, Dirsync is easy to set up and works just fine, I'd look into that.