How my company can pay for my MCSA ?

babislabrobabislabro Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am searching for a way that my company can pay for my Mcsa 70-410 70-411 70-412. I have contacted pearsonvue for more details and they redirect me to microsoft .. Before i made a call i want to know if someone in hear has already been in the same situation and he / she solved it .. I appreciate any tip .

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for help convincing your employer to pay for your exams or are you referring to the actual action of entering a credit card and paying for the tests?
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most companies have policies where you must submit an expense report for a passed exam to receive a reimbursement for the exam. Some companies will do the same for training materials and even fewer will offer training materials outright.

Something to consider is if you intend to use the certification to move to another company or something along those lines, companies often have it in employment contracts or part of their training agreements that you have to repay any certifications if you leave within a certain timeframe.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • babislabrobabislabro Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for help convincing your employer to pay for your exams or are you referring to the actual action of entering a credit card and paying for the tests?

Sorry for my English .. I have conviced them .. Now i want to find a way that they can pay it through the company .. !
    Well, as poolmanjim said, everyone does things different. You need to ask your employer how they prefer to handle it. I have been at places where I have to pay and then submit for reimbursement. At my current place they prefer to pay with the company credit card. Other companies purchase vouchers. So again, talk to them and see what they say.
    Exactly they want to pay it with the company's card .. Where they can buy Vouchers for Mcsa .. my company is not very big and i think im the first pearson here who is getting to be paid for his education ..! So this is the first time for them too .. I try to make it easy for them to book it fast before they change their mind ..! (sorry for my english again )
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Well, as poolmanjim said, everyone does things different. You need to ask your employer how they prefer to handle it. I have been at places where I have to pay and then submit for reimbursement. At my current place they prefer to pay with the company credit card. Other companies purchase vouchers. So again, talk to them and see what they say.

Exactly they want to pay it with the company's card .. Where they can buy Vouchers for Mcsa .. my company is not very big and i think im the first pearson here who is getting to be paid for his education ..! So this is the first time for them too .. I try to make it easy for them to book it fast before they change their mind ..! (sorry for my english again )
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is the best option that is available that I know of. It also gives you a second shot if you fail the first attempt.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/offers.aspx

Otherwise you can schedule your exam through pearson vue which is $165 for one attempt.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    I never let a company pay for my education. It shows dedication and self improvement doing it yourself.

Again that's a personal preference.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Wait, so having the company pay for your training/certs doesn't show dedication?
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My company pays for everything, books, training course (which I've never used) and exams (pass or fail), even for exams not on our departments cert list. Most of them are on the list (they added 70-410 and 411 after I'd already started) but they give us free reign, and my co-workers rarely do anything besides the bare minimum. I'm done my requirements through 2019, and then some. If they're buyin', I'm taking advantage!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    knownhero wrote: »
    I never let a company pay for my education. It shows dedication and self improvement doing it yourself.

Again that's a personal preference.

Which show dedication more:

- Doing the cert on your own dime and not waiting for someone else to pay it for you
    - Only doing it because someone else is paying for you

Again its a personal opinion and you're entitled to disagree with me.

I'm saying if OP REALLY wants to do it. Don't wait for someone to pay for it, just do it.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knownhero wrote: »
    Which show dedication more:

- Doing the cert on your own dime and not waiting for someone else to pay it for you
    - Only doing it because someone else is paying for you

Again its a personal opinion and you're entitled to disagree with me.

I'm saying if OP REALLY wants to do it. Don't wait for someone to pay for it, just do it.

Since his company wants to pay for it, why would he not take advantage of it? I know at my current company, we are allocated x number of training $s per head, I always max out and fight for the leftover $$ if there is any (varies year to year). My company views this as I am more dedicated to constantly increasing my skill set to better protect the company, their assets, and their reputation than my peers who are only doing the minimum.

Taking advantage of this benefit and improving skills to better serve the company also often ends up being reflected in performance reviews as well. Just because the company is paying for it, doesnt mean you are doing it just because someone else is paying for it
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Knownhero about this. The company I work for offered to pay for my MCSA training and exams this year but I turned them down and told them I'd pay for it all myself. I felt like if they paid for them then I would owe them something; plus if I didn't pass an exam I felt like I would be letting them down. They were so impressed with my dedication and willingness to pay for them myself that I got a raise (and I was the only one in the company to get one this year). If you don't have the money to buy everything yourself then yeah, I'd go ahead and let the company pay for it. You might have to convince them why it would be worth it to THEM to put you through training and get you certified, but if you can afford it yourself I think it's more beneficial in the long run. Just my 2 cents anyway.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"