have to retake 70-487, Questions change?

chris08chris08 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I failed Exam 70-487 last week will retake next Tuesday June 24 2014. Anyone who has re-taken the exam, do they change the questions?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think you'll likely get a lot of the same ones but you'll probably get some new ones as well. Usually the more advanced tests seem to have a smaller pool of questions, in my experience. I say seems because I honestly can't be sure. It's jus a hunch based on exams I have failed in the past. I know they updated this exam in May, so they might have a larger pool than previously.
  • Chevy57Chevy57 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've taken 70-480 and 70-486, and while I did find them difficult, I passed them both.
    So, i studied for a few weeks for 70-487 and found the material almost all completely new to me.
    But, with practice tests and experience with the other exams I thought i could pass.
    Well, I failed.
    What struck me the most was that probably 1/3 of the questions I had not even seen before in any of the material or practice tests I studied.
    At least with my first exams I felt even the hard questions I could take a pretty good educated guess (probably due to real life experience) but with 487 it was guess work on many of the questions. Honestly, I dont expect to use much of the 487 material as a developer and am only doing this exam to complete the MCSD. The other exams are extremely useful in my daily work and I found the whole process educational.
    Anyone else have any experience with 487 and any advice?
  • EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    I found 487 frustrating as well, and failed the first time. The content is less useful in my day job than 480 and 486. I used the official Microsoft training guide which is fairly thin and not one of their best in my opinion. I found a some of the exam boiled down to memorizing WCF configuration file settings, which I didn't enjoy. On the other hand, I use some of the Web API and Entity Framework frequently.
  • Chevy57Chevy57 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks ED,
    Good to know at least one other person has been through same frustration.
    I'm still shocked how much harder 487 seemed to be compared to the other two.
    I guess they really mean it when they say you should have 2 years experience before taking a particular exam.
    I've got some work ahead of me on this one but it'll be worth it.
    Cheers.
    I found 487 frustrating as well, and failed the first time. The content is less useful in my day job than 480 and 486. I used the official Microsoft training guide which is fairly thin and not one of their best in my opinion. I found a some of the exam boiled down to memorizing WCF configuration file settings, which I didn't enjoy. On the other hand, I use some of the Web API and Entity Framework frequently.