Study plan for eCCPT?

SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone develop anything like that? I'll likely be trying to get into it seriously in December and while i've made it through some of the material I don't feel like i'm getting the full benefit of it all. Wondering if anyone planned out PDF/video/lab time.
OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.

Comments

• supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't planned out a method but I am currently going through slides then hit some external resource on the same topic. After that a quick note taking review of the material and lab the sections then. My goal is to not need the lab guide in order to complete the tasks needed. When I did the eJPT I relied heavily on the lab guide. I had a hard time with the exam and needed both tries to pass. I would like to be extremely comfortable with my method of attack and only look though resources on a research side more than I do not know it.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't planned out a method but I am currently going through slides then hit some external resource on the same topic. After that a quick note taking review of the material and lab the sections then. My goal is to not need the lab guide in order to complete the tasks needed. When I did the eJPT I relied heavily on the lab guide. I had a hard time with the exam and needed both tries to pass. I would like to be extremely comfortable with my method of attack and only look though resources on a research side more than I do not know it.

By lab guide do you mean the solutions to the labs or the lab scenario? Stupid question I know icon_redface.gif LOL
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What I did was first go through all the material and videos....just reading the material and not fuss about understanding or not. Just let my brain absorb as much as it could. Second time I actually studied more intensely the material, took notes and also watched the videos the second time. I also made use of 3rd party external resources from Pluralsight for SQLi, HTML, PHP and BoF. I am now about to start hitting the labs but unfortunately elearnsecurity are doing some maintenance on their lab environment servers so had to stall for these past 2 days.

Thats how i usually prepare for such courses.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to do this seriously in December and have started reading the material. Since this is not a multiple choice exam, I am spending more time using the different tools in Kali and trying them on vulnerable VMs in my home lab and reading external references. The goal is to be so familiar with the tools that I can use them comfortably without the need to read manuals.
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    luger wrote: »
    By lab guide do you mean the solutions to the labs or the lab scenario? Stupid question I know icon_redface.gif LOL

yes the lab manual with the solutions. I used that to get through the exercises.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone approached the eCPPT without first doing the eJPT course? I'm currently working on a SANS graduate certificate program, so I'll be taking my GSEC next month. I would like to try and make progress with the eCPPT between the completion of my first course and the start of my GCIH training in the spring. And also, is the elite package necessary, with 120 hours lab access, or is 60 hours enough?