Palo Alto ACE Certification

techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey,

I registered on the Palo Alto Academy as a guest and I saw that I can take the ACE exam. I thought that was only for partners though but it seems that they changed it. Any good study material except the free Palo Alto EDU-101 course or it is enough to pass the exam? Are there any simulators like packet tracer or the only way is by using gns3?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It is enough to pass.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm 70% done with the ACE edu 101. Not sure why you are mentioning gns3, i might be missing something. By the way, the edu 101 also has the admin guide available for download,use that as a resource as well. Going to try this to get a bit better of how it works.
  • winona_ryderwinona_ryder Member Posts: 42 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The EDU 101 is enough to pass. There are a few study guides out there if you google for them. They're not answer collections or ****, but more fields of knowledge that you should be versed in.

the time limit on the PA ACE was not strictly enforced when I did it.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    is this a free material?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

UnixGuy wrote: »
    is this a free material?

Yes, the Palo Alto ACE is free:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/ace-faq
  • techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the info guys.

Yes unixguy is free.

I was asking about gns becauyse I dont own a Palo Alto in order to test possible configurations so I am thinking that I need something like gns or eg packet tracer. I cant think of any other way to practice on configuration.
    Do you use any Palo Alto firewalls at work?
    I actually use Palo Alto everyday, but haven't thought of certifications....well since the material, why not I guess :)

if you use it everyday, then BAM. Their preferred method of study is to of course, use the products
    I use the GUI for everything though, I'll check out to see whats the exam objectives. I like the product btw, excellent overall NGWF

Another thing you could do - ask your Palo Alto Vendor if they can get you access to a VM for training purposes. The Palo Alto Sales Engineer over here organised me one, it had limited licensing in order for me to prepare for the PNCSE
  • SaraParkSaraPark Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, I will check the Palo Alto. Hope it will be helpful for me.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It isnt difficult at all and the provided material is enough. I think they still give you a shirt too.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yup you still get the shirt :)
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FloOz wrote: »
    Yup you still get the shirt :)

Really? I didn't get a shirt. Did you have to ask or so anything else to get the shirt?
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Really? I didn't get a shirt. Did you have to ask or so anything else to get the shirt?

Should be automatic.