Anyone take 70-347/346?

I have a umber of questions:

What resources did you use?

How would you rate the exams based on difficulty?

Did you have prior experience with the the technologies?

Comments

• joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    G.O.A.T wrote: »
    I have a umber of questions:

What resources did you use?

How would you rate the exams based on difficulty?

Did you have prior experience with the the technologies?

I wouldn't mind knowing the answers to these questions either.

I have passed MCSA 2012 and MCSE messaging and may have a look at doing MCSA O365
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess nobody has taken this cert then! lol
  • bettsy584bettsy584 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sitting this on Friday, has anyone given it a try?
  • LennyroquaiLennyroquai Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has someone found any ressources for this one ?

I'm stuck with the 70-347 (second Office 365) i failed with 617 points.
    the questions regarding the case studies were not clear enough to me, so i was lost for a big part of the test.
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm also interested in taking these exams somewhere down the line.
    If anyone can share their insight to preparation, test results and aftermath that would be great.
    Thanks
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • awilsonawilson Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bumping this.

Interested in taking the exam soon, but was wondering how the exam is structured? I'm using CBT Nuggets and the Self-Test/Transcender practice exams, and almost all of the questions are loading with either multiple choice or showing the method to a solution step by step. Is the MS exam laid out exactly like this?
  • JmoPMGJmoPMG Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The company I work for recently migrated to O365. They're sending me to a five day Centriq course (http://centriq.com/corporate/class-details/2146164321-19-194/enabling-and-managing-office-365) for this that starts this Monday (10/31). I'll link any training/study material that I can.

I'll be scheduling the exam shortly afterwards and will update this thread with the results. Wish me luck!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Interested to hear opinions and results, I think I'm close to being ready for 346. rewatching a bunch of skillport videos now after spending hours poring over powershell commands
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • JonathonJonathon Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed 70-346 yesterday. I used the Exam prep book, which I read twice, CBT Nuggets course, which I watched I don't know 4 times? And I practiced with Transcender and Measure Up. Also lots of Technet, lots of screwing around with a free trial of O365. Alot of the material is very difficult to replicate in a lab environment. I also watched a ton of random youtube videos about SSO ADFS.

Final score: 778.

I initially underestimated the exam because I thrashed my practice exams in Transcender. IMO Transcender is quite simply too easy. I bought Measure Up the day after failing and noticed immediately it was way harder. I highly recommend Measure Up over Transcender for this exam, and I will be buying it again for 70-347.

The hardest part of this exam is getting the details of how SSO and ADFS is configured in your head without having access to the infrastructure you need to actually physically set it up yourself. Everything else is pretty straightforward I think.

edit: Something I want to mention, the book is out of date already of course. The book talks about dirsync but dirsync is going away and the exam focuses on azure ad connect.

Alot of the things various materials cover no longer exist. Various troubleshooting tools and reports just aren't there anymore. Some of them still have links from the admin portal that don't go anywhere. For the most part you can ignore studying for anything that you can confirm no longer exists. The practice tests don't ignore them however.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I took both of those exams. I used the Microsoft Exam Ref books and CBT Nuggets. I setup an E3 trial account for lab purposes and had a few on premise domain controllers running in my lab for DirSync purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/70-346-Managing-Office-Identities-Requirements/dp/150930066X
    https://www.amazon.com/Exam-70-347-Enabling-Office-Services/dp/1509300678
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Cool, thanks! I've run through all the skillport videos on the topics, lots of TechNet, now I'm going through the ITPro.tv videos and labs. Those don't have any powershell, so I'm hoping a couple days reviewing powershell-everything on TechNet again gets me through..
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I do remember a lot of powershell on the test, so make sure you know the cmdlet's related to Office 365.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Cool, thanks
  • urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed 70-346 last night with a score of 712.. damn close! I'm looking to move on 70-347, but my university studies deadlines are fast approaching so I can't see me doing that this side of Christmas realistically.

Lots of PowerShell, ADFS was highly prominent and know your troubleshooting tools and what you're used for. 2 years experience managing O365, CBT Nuggets, ITPro.tv videos (some of them) and Exam Ref for a glaze over on some of the content.

Not sure if it's new, but there was a 9 question case study at the end of the 46-47 questions I had.. massively threw me off as I had expected to see the Results Screen and not further questions!
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
    Congrats! A pass is a pass, well done. Thanks for the info
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    I passed 70-346 last night with a score of 712.. damn close! I'm looking to move on 70-347, but my university studies deadlines are fast approaching so I can't see me doing that this side of Christmas realistically.

Lots of PowerShell, ADFS was highly prominent and know your troubleshooting tools and what you're used for. 2 years experience managing O365, CBT Nuggets, ITPro.tv videos (some of them) and Exam Ref for a glaze over on some of the content.

Not sure if it's new, but there was a 9 question case study at the end of the 46-47 questions I had.. massively threw me off as I had expected to see the Results Screen and not further questions!

thanks for the advice
  • gilesjpgilesjp Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□

There is a lot of overlap in 70-346 and 70-347 maybe only 40% new stuff in 70-347. As someone mentioned above drill the heck out of measureup for this exam.
    gilesjp wrote: »
    There is a lot of overlap in 70-346 and 70-347 maybe only 40% new stuff in 70-347. As someone mentioned above drill the heck out of measureup for this exam.

I didn't realise it was such a large overlap. I will get this exam cracked out after Christmas. Any recommendation for study materials?
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
  • gilesjpgilesjp Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't realise it was such a large overlap. I will get this exam cracked out after Christmas. Any recommendation for study materials?

I used the official training materials, but it was just one book for both classes.
    Jonathon wrote: »

The hardest part of this exam is getting the details of how SSO and ADFS is configured in your head without having access to the infrastructure you need to actually physically set it up yourself. Everything else is pretty straightforward I think..

Got an email from MS Learning that might be useful

https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/OEMTV/OEM1710
    taking the 70-346 on the 17th
  • CokamonkeyCokamonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you get any questions about subscription types and inbound port requirements? Some of the pretest\other-material on the internet covers it, however, I noticed that CBTNuggets newest course of 70-346 does not cover it.
    Yes, quite extensively. Definitely look at the technet articles in regards to them areas and know the key points of each (port ranges, what each subscription gives, number of users, etcetera). I found the CBT's give a good overview but miss out some of the key information.
    I passed the 70-346 exam
    Congrats!!
    Does anyone have a blue print on technet articles to read for the 70-347? something other than the Exam Reference?
    Does anyone have a blue print on technet articles to read for the 70-347? something other than the Exam Reference?

I usually just google the topic and TechNet is usually the main hit
    https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=office+365+telemetry
  • CokamonkeyCokamonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the examn 70-346 today with 786/1000, was 100% sure I failed, was reconzidering my career during the examn even, was realy supprised when I passed :). Got exchange 2016 and exchange online questions, about 4 of them regarding troubleshooting and hybrid installations. Its not realy mentioned anywhere that this can come up on the exam. Got 6 case studies and then 42 multiple choice (the standard) and 8 case studies at the end.

To pass the exam i made a OneNote of all the requirements, made a summary of material from technet, 346 book and used quizlet to memorize things like ports etc, I never got a question about subscriptions however. Also used cbt nuggets, but CBT nuggets dont even utter a word about some of the requirement of the exam, to me it seems that CBT Nugget is a waste of money, its not worth the price. BUT its a good introduction and gives good overview if you got a .
    Exchange!? urgh
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did you spend studying?
    Could this be knocked out studying everyday for 2 weeks?
    how does test compare to 70-410?

my company has Office 365 where I am admin.
    need to learn a little more about it.

i have mind hub test voucher which I have not used yet.
    5 shot bundle, but no time. Anyone know if this voucher will work for this exam?
    i've emailed mindhub to verify.
    would like to see if I can switch exams and have chance to pass before feb 28th deadline.