Passed VCP550

mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
After many months I have passed the VCP550. I took the ICM course from Stanly back in the spring but put off studying due to other obligations. Bought the DCV study guide book and used the measureup practice test. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the measure up tests since I did feel the questions on the VCP Exam were a little bit more difficult but the main thing is to learn the concepts not the question. For example for the VCops questions. Learn The Major and Minor badges, this way any question you get you can rule out the trick answers. Now I want to go ahead and jump into the delta exam for the VCP6. Can anyone recommend some good material to try and get to the test as soon as possible, preferably while I still got the VCP550 information fresh in my head?

Comments

• LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats! Any thoughts on trying for the VCAP or just going to go for VCP6?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! I also did the Stanly course Oct-Dec and am studying for VCP 550. What are the study methods and practice test used?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Congrats on the pass.

Go the Delta and then go for the VCIX. With 6.5 out, it's a better time for it.

For Study material for the Delta, I've heard a lot just used the "What's New" document. Use that and then the official product documentation in the blue print. Good luck.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! We are glad to have been a small part of your success!
  • mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Congrats! I also did the Stanly course Oct-Dec and am studying for VCP 550. What are the study methods and practice test used?
    I used the measureup practice exams. Went through objective by objective and every questions I got wrong I made sure I took plenty of notes and looked up the feature in the vSphere 5.5 documentation. Also stick to the blue print it is your guide to the test. I know a lot of people recommend the Mastering vSphere book but I didn't use it. I used VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: Exam VCP-550, Edition 2. I also used quizlet which is for flash cards to make up my own questions related to the objective I was studying just to further cement the information. The test I agree is not easy and meant to trick you but as long as you know the information you will be able to rule out the bogus answers. I also made sure I looked up VSAN even though I didn't get a single questions in my test but better to be on the safe side.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the Info. Will be sure to look out for those tricky ones.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.