CSA+ Results are coming in!!

FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
PASS!! 799/750

Woo Hoo, Considering this is my job title, I'm glad I passed.

Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw the email that the score report was available just a bit ago, and got excited. I didn't expect results to be in until mid-February when the certification was officially launched. And got even more excited when I saw that I passed, because I fully expected to have failed haha. I got a 754/750, so I barely passed, but a pass is a pass!

Congratulations to you on also passing!
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like I passed too. I also wasn't expecting to hear anything until January at the earliest.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Passed here as well!!!! Congrats to all who passed and good luck to those who will reattempt!
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    I failed! It wasn't easy, but hard work pays off, woo-hoo!

579, very proud of that number
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I failed! It wasn't easy, but hard work pays off, woo-hoo!

579, very proud of that number

There is no shame in this. There was no dedicated study material. I passed, but I came away from studying the CISSP and CASP a couple of months prior.
    Ertaz wrote: »
    There is no shame in this. There was no dedicated study material. I passed, but I came away from studying the CISSP and CASP a couple of months prior.

Thanks Ertaz, I took it when I was still in the military with no studying what so ever. I thought I was a hot shot know it all. That test whip me into testing shape. I have since been studying full time the CEH study guides and passed the eJPT. Let me at that retake!

Thank you for the kind words.
    Reading
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats to those who passed.
  • DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    xxxkaliboyxxx I don't think you will have any problem with the CSA+ the next time you go after it, especially with the depth of study you are putting into the CEH icon_study.gif maybe this exam will be released before you start your CISCO Cyber Ops studies.
    The exam was pretty interesting I was able to pull from some job experience but the exam focus is more towards CND/SOC/CSIRT type roles. Hopefully I will be released from my CASP study prison next week (that exam seems to have consumed my life).
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
    DntH8Me wrote: »
    xxxkaliboyxxx I don't think you will have any problem with the CSA+ the next time you go after it, especially with the depth of study you are putting into the CEH icon_study.gif maybe this exam will be released before you start your CISCO Cyber Ops studies.
    The exam was pretty interesting I was able to pull from some job experience but the exam focus is more towards CND/SOC/CSIRT type roles. Hopefully I will be released from my CASP study prison next week (that exam seems to have consumed my life).

Darius, is that you??!!! holy smokes, I had no idea! Did you pass the CSA+?
    Reading
  • DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes it's me & Yes I passed. I was pretty excited/nervous when I got the email. At the time that I took the beta I was studying for the CASP and I thought it would be a good primer to see what areas I may need to focus on.
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
    Yes it's me & Yes I passed. I was pretty excited/nervous when I got the email. At the time that I took the beta I was studying for the CASP and I thought it would be a good primer to see what areas I may need to focus on.

Congrats Man!
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□

Yeah I was very surprised to see the email, then my heart started racing. Glad I was near a computer when I got it.

I thought the vulnerability scanning was going to do me in. I have job and study experience in almost all the other areas but Vuln. scanning I had never studied or performed on the job. We have a whole other division for that. It seemed like that was a major focus area of the test.

Congrats, I know you going to pass the CASP!
    Reading
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations to everyone who passed! I felt like that was a very fair exam. I really hope it becomes popular because we need something besides CEH to bridge the gap after Sec+. I feel like CSA+ is a much better exam than CEH for blue team guys.
  • adhurtadhurt Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my passing score today. While I should have passed having been part of the JTA, I felt the beta was an appropriately set exam.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulation to both of you, best-luck for your future. Good Luck..
  • tom564tom564 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed :) 828/900 - Took this one the day before going into the CASP.
  • rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let's share the hapiness - 833/900. Congrats everyone!
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't been able to log in. Getting some weird error. Waiting for customer service to open so I can resolve this.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Called in to fix my issue and was told I passed. Waiting to log in to see my score.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
    Called in to fix my issue and was told I passed. Waiting to log in to see my score.

icon_thumright.gif Nice! I passed as well, it was a nice surprise. I scored a 795, which I guess is not too bad for a guy who doesn't work in a NOC and also didn't have study materials. I went over the exam objectives and watched a few CBT Nuggets modules for Sec+ but in hindsight it didn't help. CSA+ leans more towards experience and problem solving than straight up book knowledge.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @PJ_Sneakers...I agree with you on the problem solving (not that I disagree with the rest, mind you). I have no experience with analyzing logs in a security context as I have never worked in IT Security proper. Most of the questions seemed fairly straightforward and what I did know, from my Security+ training and a bit of general curiosity, allowed me to pull a passing grade.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Geez everyone seemed to pass except for me! I didn't study at all but damn! Feel like a lone duck here. Ah well... Gratz to everyone who passed! icon_thumright.gif

(scored 673)
    stryder144 wrote: »
    @PJ_Sneakers...I agree with you on the problem solving (not that I disagree with the rest, mind you). I have no experience with analyzing logs in a security context as I have never worked in IT Security proper. Most of the questions seemed fairly straightforward and what I did know, from my Security+ training and a bit of general curiosity, allowed me to pull a passing grade.
    That's a fair assessment. I think that says a lot about you as a tech, which I would argue should be one of the purposes behind a certification. Meaning I think a certification should represent someone's level of skill and/or knowledge in a certain topic, beyond purely academic credentials such as degrees.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads to all who passed!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• rex0rrex0r Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed as well!! 804/900. Very similar to CEH. Good job everyone.
    Geez everyone seemed to pass except for me! I didn't study at all but damn! Feel like a lone duck here. Ah well... Gratz to everyone who passed! icon_thumright.gif

(scored 673)

It's not just you bro. I've seen a few fails floating around in here, plus people aren't usually keen on replying back if they don't do well.
    Ertaz wrote: »
    It's not just you bro. I've seen a few fails floating around in here, plus people aren't usually keen on replying back if they don't do well.

Yeah, definitely. It was a beta exam with no official courseware. Don't get down on yourself for that. I just took the Server 2016 Security (70-744) beta exam and I'm pretty sure I didn't make it on that one, and if I pass it will probably be by a very slim margin.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, no worries. I've passed the GCIH since then and pretty close to the same topics.