Options

Passed GCIH on December 2016

HifzHifz Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I cleared my GCIH Certification in December, 2016.

I had attended the official Training in March,2016. I started preparing from May but did not commit fully and finally in September I decided to Study harder and gave my exam in December.

I am really glad that it is over. The exam is 150 Questions, 4 hours. No Practise Questions were repeated. The result is displayed at-last so after answering the 150th question its very scary to see the screen for the result. I was happy that i got 87%.

I read all the 5 books, listen John Strand Audio's and prepared a good Index.

My suggestion to the candidates taking would be to read the books and understand them, listen to audio at least once if you have them and prepare a Solid index in as much details as possible.

Best of luck for your GCIH Exams.

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations, That's 9 months from the time you took the course, did you pay for several extensions, or didn't nit signup for the exam until later?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Thanks @TechGromit

I did not sign-up for the exam during training. I registered for the exam in November.

The cost of the exam is $1249 for challenge and those who have taken training have 2 options. If u pay for the exam during training it's $699 , then u will have to take the training within 120 days. Else alumini had $200 discount that will be $1049 for challenge.
  • Options
    Thanks, TechGromit.

I signed up for the certification in November.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hifz wrote: »
    I signed up for the certification in November.

I'm curious, since you didn't sign up for the certification during the training conference, what did they charge you for the exam?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    I was charged $1049. As I am an Alumni I had $200 Discount for Challenge, else the challenge is $1249.
    If I had Registered for the Certification during training it would have cost me $649.

The certification cost went up a little last Sept-Oct.