Linux Foundation: 50% off training and certifications

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm not sure if anyone here actually is interested, but: Linux foundation training 50% off.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    3 weeks ago several of us purchased from their cyber monday sales. Each bundle was $161 with both bundles going for $299. This 50% off deal is slightly better with each bundle coming out to $150. If you add both bundles it still comes out to $300.

I bought the LFCS course/certification, it came with a free t-shirt. Would love to get the LFCE bundle but I don't have the time come next year. I would highly recommend Linux foundation it as it seems the exam is a hands on style of examination. No multiple choice. $150 is a hell of a deal for the course and certification exam.

Thanks for sharing!

Performance-Based

[FONT=&amp]No multiple choice here. You're tested at the command line on the skills you use every day.

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/certification

[/FONT]
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link. I've paid for both LFCS and LFCE exams. I like how it also has a retake option included in the price. I already work with Linux at work.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah but people need to remember you have 1 year from purchase date to take the course and test. The clock is ticking, don't wait till the last minute to complete it.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    LFCS is really good. . Not so easy like many others tell.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    For $150 I think this may be a test worth taking. The continuing education credits amount to 8 each year for a total of 16 to maintain the certification every 2 years. After much consideration, I may invest some time into the LFCE exam and actually do it on Ubuntu instead of CentOS.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    For $150 I think this may be a test worth taking. The continuing education credits amount to 8 each year for a total of 16 to maintain the certification every 2 years. After much consideration, I may invest some time into the LFCE exam and actually do it on Ubuntu instead of CentOS.

Why Ubuntu and not CentOS?
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Why Ubuntu and not CentOS?

All of my work experience has been with RHEL and I want to become familiar with a major Debian distribution. I've been going through the LFCE steps with Ubuntu servers and I'll be honest, its a breath of fresh air; Ubuntu has its own elegance in how package management works and the default documentation that comes with packages offers much more direction than Red Hat.