Does the Cisco exams have off the wall questions?

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
For example, I recently took a CCENT practice test and it asks a question about RFC 952, my "CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide" this is over 1000 pages thick doesn't even mention it. it's not in the glossary. It does list other RFC's, like 791, 1256, 1918, but not 952. DNS is mentioned on the icnd1 exam-topics,
4.1 Describe DNS lookup operation

4.2 Troubleshoot client connectivity issues involving DNS
but these doesn't look like high level topics, not the level of detail the question asks. I guess I really expected a more fair question from a Boson exam.
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've seen some pretty obscure stuff on exams, but nothing really too far off the wall. Learn the objectives and you'll be good to go even if there is a crazy question or two.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Instead of off the wall questions the biggest thing I would focus on for Cisco is that you can't go back.

As in know the material well and be ready with your answer. Its different than the others and it caught me off guard for my CCENT.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Instead of off the wall questions the biggest thing I would focus on for Cisco is that you can't go back.

As in know the material well and be ready with your answer. Its different than the others and it caught me off guard for my CCENT.

I second this one. I normally don't mark questions or go back, but it's a nice option to have. It sucks when you realize that with Cisco, when you answer a question, you ANSWER A QUESTION. icon_neutral.gif
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your 1000 page book didn't even cover RFC 1918? Really?

Edit: I misread. My mistake.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE