Linux Foundation: Get a Year of Learning for $499

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm not sure if anyone has received this email yet, but Linux foundation is giving away a a year of learning for $499.

This looks like an amazing deal!

Comments

• xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    icon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gifcert exams not included?????
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    icon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gifcert exams not included?????

Yeah, it appears not. The exams are $300 each (LFCS, LFCE) and include one free resit. There doesn't seem to be exams for the other courses (Security, SDN, OpenStack etc).
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for sharing. That is an awful lot of Linux to stomach though. Figure 30 straight weeks of nothing but Linux to get through all of those. Then prepping for LFCS and LFCE. Looks like labs included as well. I'm interested in this, but personally don't want to sacrifice working on other more relevant certs to do this training. Maybe stretching it out over the entire 365 days and taking a break halfway through? I have no idea the quality of its content, but being Linux foundation I'd think should give some merit.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. That is an awful lot of Linux to stomach though. Figure 30 straight weeks of nothing but Linux to get through all of those. Then prepping for LFCS and LFCE. Looks like labs included as well. I'm interested in this, but personally don't want to sacrifice working on other more relevant certs to do this training. Maybe stretching it out over the entire 365 days and taking a break halfway through? I have no idea the quality of its content, but being Linux foundation I'd think should give some merit.

If you take a look at the courses, they actually only prepare you for LFCS since the LFCE course prep isn't included. Not worth the cost in my opinion since you can get a much cheaper rate with Linux Academy that will prepare you for both, give you labs and you can learn more.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Verities wrote: »
    If you take a look at the courses, they actually only prepare you for LFCS since the LFCE course prep isn't included.

I think that LFS211 is the LFCE Prep course. LFS311 is the other LFCE prep, but is the instructor led version of LFS211.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM