Passed Network+ Today

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Yay! I'm so excited that I passed today with a 757. The first few questions were simulations and very involved so I knew just to mark those and move on. About half way through the test, I was thinking why didn't I buy the retake exam because I knew I was failing and I thought I'll be back here taking it again. That made me anxious and I found myself reading over the questions multiple times not comprehending and stressing about how much time I had left, which didn't seem like enough. In the end I barely had enough time to go over the questions I had marked before the test ended. All I can say is the test was harder than the sample tests I took, except for maybe Transcender . The way they worded questions was confusing and strange. There were more questions about trouble-shooting than just plain definitions, for example they would say this is the situation what is the most likely cause.

The typical "how'd she do it". I read Mike Meyers' Network+ and Exam Cram. I watched Professor Messer videos and ITProTV and took the sample tests on examcompass, professormesser, Pearson and Transcender. The best thing I can say to people studying for this exam is to get your information from multiple sources and take as many sample tests as you can. I think the Transcender ones were the hardest and the most like the actual exam. Best of luck to everyone. So glad to have this over, now I'm on to Security+.

Comments

• NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Well done and congratulations!
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Get information from multiple sources is a key.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I'm so stoked for you that you got this knocked out! :D:D:D
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you guys! This forum has been so helpful and I wouldn't be this far without the advice and encouragement of you all.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've said this in other posts, but from what I've heard about the new versions of CompTIA's "entry-level" exams, I'm very surprised with the level of expertise one needs to pass. Much kudos to you for your accomplishment, and best of luck with the Security+!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! I know you must be super excited right now
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took N10-001 way back in 2000, but I have N10-006 scheduled for Friday for WGU, I'm hoping I am ready... the course material for the ucertify course through WGU is much harder than I remember... there was very little wireless technology at that point and subnetting was totally different before CIDR :O
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    For the re-takes of the A+ and Project + exams (also retaken for WGU) I thought the uCertify practice exams within the courses were harder than all 3 of the actual exams... really hoping that holds true on the Network +
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • NightfallxNightfallx Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jcundiff wrote: »
    For the re-takes of the A+ and Project + exams (also retaken for WGU) I thought the uCertify practice exams within the courses were harder than all 3 of the actual exams... really hoping that holds true on the Network +

it took me 2x tries to pass the latest Network+, but I passed the Security+ the next week with an 800+ icon_cheers.gif. The Network+ is no joke now a days it's tough.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    YEEHAW! Cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    jcundiff wrote: »
    Congrats! I took N10-001 way back in 2000, but I have N10-006 scheduled for Friday for WGU, I'm hoping I am ready... the course material for the ucertify course through WGU is much harder than I remember... there was very little wireless technology at that point and subnetting was totally different before CIDR :O

Well, just by looking at your certs I would say you're more than ready. Good luck though. I'm not familiar with uCertify. I'll have to check it out. (Never mind, I see it's from WGU)
    Nightfallx wrote: »
    it took me 2x tries to pass the latest Network+, but I passed the Security+ the next week with an 800+ icon_cheers.gif. The Network+ is no joke now a days it's tough.

Nice, 800+ on the Security+. Did you learn all the material for the Security+ in one week? I knew there was a lot of overlap, but is it really that similar? I really want to know because I'm going for that next and I'm trying to figure out how much time I think it will take. Advice?

Maybe you just needed a warm-up on the Network+. :D
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Well, just by looking at your certs I would say you're more than ready. Good luck though. I'm not familiar with uCertify. I'll have to check it out. (Never mind, I see it's from WGU)

I hope so... this stuff has changed a lot since I dealt with it day in and day out... the last many years have been spent doing PCI compliance, 3rd Party Vendor Reviews, Onsite (offshore and onshore) security assessments, and intelligence gathering... fortunately the OSI model and TCP/IP stack havent changed any :) I definitely am not blowing it off or under estimating it :)

Fortunately for you going for the Sec +, the Net + overlaps quite a bit and builds a lot of foundation on the Sec + UCertify is a standalone course that WGU uses... I have done the A+. Project+ (was titled IT Project + when I earned it as a -001 exam lol) and now Network + through them and done well... Next up after Network + for me is something new, not a retake... Linux + also for WGU.

The only non- WGU cert I (hopefully) get to work on this year is the Certified Counter Intelligence Analyst/Clandestine Operations course and certification through Treadstone 71
  • MannymanMannyman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darril gibson ' getcertifiedgetahead' . dont waste your time with videos and other books. I used 'study guide' and the other with exam questions.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ShaundorShaundor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Yay!
    The best thing I can say to people studying for this exam is to get your information from multiple sources and take as many sample tests as you can. I think the Transcender ones were the hardest and the most like the actual exam. Best of luck to everyone. So glad to have this over, now I'm on to Security+.

I know this is an old thread but after reading this, i had to comment, I recently passed the exam too and after taking it first time and getting a pass score of 765, i can confirm, what she's said is the single best advice anyone can give you, It's the key to success. I found doing mocks, quizes highlighted things all my resources missed. it's a vast exam and no one can really cover it all with clarity! use multiple resources, multiple mocks, quizzes and use your flashcards!

For me, I watched videos on Youtube (Various channels) , Professor Messer, took a course on it with The Learning people and read a Network+ Book took me over 1 year and 5 months but i got there in the end!

Also congratulations! :')

I felt this advice to be very valuable and people need to know if they're attempting the exam.
  • NoobsterNoobster Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm taking my exam on Oct 4th a bit nervous after reading this... icon_sad.gif I'm taking the n10-007 which is the newer version.
  • nicoletteannicolettean Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next?
    2018 Goals - AWS Certified Solutions Architect

Linkedin Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-nicolette-454721109/
  • cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]