SANS - work study programme

scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
Dear all,

How long does it usually take SANS to let you know if you have been chosen for the work/study programme? Have tried contacting them but no answer - needed to know so I can potentially book week out.

Thanks in advance
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The official time line is 4-6 weeks before the event. Having said that, I had one instance where they informed me 2 weeks before the event. Last year they claimed they reached out to me and I did not respond. Ended up being stuck with a class I did not want.
  • sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    I have not done the work study myself but on this forum several people have talked about it.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/sans-institute-giac-certifications/124678-sans-orlando-2017-work-study.html
    In that thread it was anywhere from 10 days to months.

Good luck! Hope it works out.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found out 3-4 weeks out for a small conference in Philadelphia last year.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for your help everyone. Lets see when they get in touch.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Usually 3-4 weeks. All the 5 times I have gone to one.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was notified in 3 weeks as well.
  • LWB250LWB250 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what it's worth, my first year of work study was last year at SANS Orlando, and I got notice the second week in January for a March event (roughly 8 weeks).

I applied for work study at SANS Orlando again this year but haven't heard anything yet.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for feedback - yeh it seems to be a bit of hit and miss. Fingers crossed.