Options

Mta 98-365

EntmtaEntmta Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. Currently studying for the MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals. Ive been using the MVA videos, ITProTV videos and just recently purchased the book by Tom Carpenter. I haven't started reading yet though. Should these materials be enough to pass? I don't really have any experience working with a server OS if that helps. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes. Back when I took it I used Carpenter's book and CBT Nuggets. That was enough to pass. If they have practice exams those wouldn't hurt either but I wouldn't pay extra. The MTA exams I would compare to CompTIA levels when it comes to exams. If you have taken A+, N+, or S+ you will know what I am talking about.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    If they have practice exams those wouldn't hurt either but I wouldn't pay extra.

Agreed. If you have an ITProTV subscription you should use their two free Transcender tests you get each month since it's built into the subscription. A good combo of practice exams, good reading material and videos should allow you to knock this out on the first try.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dont know if transcender carries the MTA exams. If I recall from DB I used Measure Up. I dont think I used any for 98-365
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Agreed. If you have an ITProTV subscription you should use their two free Transcender tests you get each month since it's built into the subscription. A good combo of practice exams, good reading material and videos should allow you to knock this out on the first try.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    I dont know if transcender carries the MTA exams. If I recall from DB I used Measure Up. I dont think I used any for 98-365
    I stand corrected. I logged into ITProTV: MTA98-365 and sure enough- no Transcender exams. Thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the answers so far. I don't see any free practice exams beyond what I have in the Carpenter book, will that work? Also with reading and video watching do I need to lab for this exam? Just to be clear I know labbing is important I meant just for this particular exam
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I need to lab for this exam?