Need advice please.CCENT 100-105

djbrendandjbrendan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,new here

So doing my CCENT in 2months and need advice on study material please.

I have heard of techlabs which i'll start after at least reading the CCENT book,on that note which will be the correct book to read?Cause i'm finding quite a few different ones every time :/

So if anyone could assist me on how and what study material to use that would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check out this thread (some good study tips offered)

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/125127-studying-ccent.html
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • djbrendandjbrendan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,so any idea where i can get the 100-105 latest book/guide?
  • atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    djbrendan wrote: »
    Thanks,so any idea where i can get the 100-105 latest book/guide?

Google is your friend, not your enemy
    atippett wrote: »
    Google is your friend, not your enemy
    Yea i tried but only ones that i need to buy.. icon_sad.gif

If you could lead me to a area where i can get v3 100-105 guide that would be amazing?

Books like Todd Lammle CCENT 3rd edition cant find it for free :/
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Books like Todd Lammle CCENT 3rd edition cant find it for free :/

To be blunt... If you're looking at getting links or access to the book for free you're on the wrong forum. The eBook is regularly on sale on ciscopress.com for upto 40% off (For the Official Cert guide) and Lammle's guide is cheap to buy second hand or as an eBook.
    dontstop wrote: »
    To be blunt... If you're looking at getting links or access to the book for free you're on the wrong forum. The eBook is regularly on sale on ciscopress.com for upto 40% off (For the Official Cert guide) and Lammle's guide is cheap to buy second hand or as an eBook.
    Good idea,so you think Todd Lammle's guide is a good read?i need to start reading this week,If someone could show me a good guide to go on that will be great!
    A friend gave me his book from Wendel odom ICDN1 100-105,is it a good one to go on?
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A friend gave me his book from Wendel odom ICDN1 100-105,is it a good one to go on?

Thats the recommended book by Cisco and probably the most indepth. If you're finding it hard to absorb, Lammles is easier to read but doesn't go into as much detail. If you have enough time reading both is ideal.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used Odem a couple years ago and it was great. It's technical reading so don't expect it to all be fun and interesting but the information is clearly presented.

As to which resource is better. I found that there is just to much available. You can spend longer picking which material to use then you do studying. My suggestion is just start with one book or video series first. By the time you are done with it you will be able to make better choices about any additional material you need.

Good Luck!
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I used Odem a couple years ago and it was great. It's technical reading so don't expect it to all be fun and interesting but the information is clearly presented.

As to which resource is better. I found that there is just to much available. You can spend longer picking which material to use then you do studying. My suggestion is just start with one book or video series first. By the time you are done with it you will be able to make better choices about any additional material you need.

Good Luck!
    this! haha

So many to go with ,so i'll just start with odom this month and get it done with,do some tech labs,get some videos to watch and search out another ebook to read again.
    Would buying membership into CBT nuggets 100-105 videos help?does anyone have experience with these videos
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are good but the subscription is expensive. If you want cheaper videos that are also good quality wait for a Udemy discount and get the Chris Bryant videos.
    WastedHat wrote: »
    They are good but the subscription is expensive. If you want cheaper videos that are also good quality wait for a Udemy discount and get the Chris Bryant videos.

thank you
    Quick question,trying to play around with labs but when i load one up it lets me do nothing,everything is locked?cant add,cant config ,NOTHING
    So got Todd Lammle's book free from my friend haha(same guy gave me his odom's book) i must say it's a better read from Todd,enjoy it a lot more!
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Quick question,trying to play around with labs but when i load one up it lets me do nothing,everything is locked?cant add,cant config ,NOTHING
    Where are you getting the 'LABS' from?
    No longer an active member
    rob42 wrote: »
    Where are you getting the 'LABS' from?
    cant seem to find it now :/ do you have any i can test please
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    cant seem to find it now :/ do you have any i can test please
    I'm not sure what stage you're at regarding CCENT/CCNA, so you're going to have to help me out here.

i.e: If I asked you to configure a Switch with...

a hostname
    enable password
    create a password on the Console Port
    create the ability to SSH into the switch using SSH V2
    configure VLAN 1 with an IP address for remote management
    configure a PC for remote management for the switch
    for security, assign all unused ports to an unused VLAN
    save the running configuration to the start-up configuration

...all using the CLI, how much of a challenge would that be for you?

Edit: I've just found this link URL]http://www.packettracernetwork.com/labs/packettracerlabs.html[/URL which may be of use...

Also... this link URL]http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/124337-techexams-ccent-ccna-helpdesk.html[/URL has some good labs posted by Hondabuff: When you click the links, you'll get a page of random looking ASCII Chrs, just save the page as a .pka file, and they work just fine.

Would you find this kind of thing URL]http://rob42.net/test_lab.htm[/URL of use?
    No longer an active member