Options

Failed my N+ twice

Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got the same score of 623 icon_sad.gif

This second time I felt so good about it. I knew all the devices, what they did, protocols, ports, acronyms, etc...

The simulations were cake also.

I think I got stumped with the "choose the best" option type of questions, plus those long paragraph questions.

My school is going to try to get me another free retake.

I don't know What I should do differently this time to pass.

My materials were total tester exam questions and the Cert guide book.
Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University

Comments

• Options
    edgg51edgg51 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you failed it, I hope the school can get you another retake.

I myself will be taking it next week, and hearing people that it's really hard, it makes me nervous.

Have you tried this resources? I've tried all those, I feel that I can't never know too much. Also try doing your own flash cards. After that take practice exams and try to score above 80% (if not go back and review on what you missed)
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edgg51 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you failed it, I hope the school can get you another retake.

I myself will be taking it next week, and hearing people that it's really hard, it makes me nervous.

Have you tried this resources? I've tried all those, I feel that I can't never know too much. Also try doing your own flash cards. After that take practice exams and try to score above 80% (if not go back and review on what you missed)

Those materials will definitely help you pass!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    check out examcram book
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    acwacw Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll offer a word of advice from another perspective: The issue may not be lack of knowledge of the materials, it may be your test taking approach. You will run into questions that you can't answer. Make a quick best guess and move on. The thing that can hurt you is using time to try to figure out the answer if you don't really know. The results of doing that are probably just slightly better than your best educated guess, especially if you can eliminate one or two answer options, but if trying to reason through the answer costs you the chance to answer even one question that you really do know it isn't worth it. One thing that may really help - although it may seem unrelated to networking - spend a little time doing research on test taking for the CPA exam..(not the materials - just how to take the test). Those strategies apply to any test like this.